MacVanity IX @ McMaster (8/19/2023)

This forum is for tournament announcements, updates, and results (official or otherwise).
Oganesson
Kimahri

MacVanity IX @ McMaster (8/19/2023)

Post by Oganesson »

Hello there!

On behalf of the McMaster University Academic Trivia Club, I am pleased to announce that the 9th iteration of MacVanity will be taking place on Saturday, August 19, 2023. Going with tradition, this will be a tournament of community-submitted packets, with proceeds donated to the McMaster University Children's Hospital.

This tournament will be taking place in-person at the McMaster University Student Centre, and will run from 9 am to 5 pm.

To register, please send me an email at [email protected] or contact me, Adrian Wong, on Discord. You can register as part of a team or as a free agent. If you wish to staff, you may also contact me by email or on Discord. Please note that the field size is capped to 8 teams.

Feel free to use this spreadsheet to form teams: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Fees:
As with the previous iteration of MacVanity, we will be going with these fees and discounts:

Base fee: $25 per player
Pack Submission Discount: -$10 per pack submitted by teams
Tsar Alexander III Memorial Discount: -$5 for any team containing Peter Cordeiro

Distribution:
As with last year, we'll be going with a very loose 21/21 structure containing:

-1/1 History
-1/1 Science
-1/1 Literature
-1/1 Religion, Mythology, Philosophy
-1/1 Visual Arts
-1/1 Geography
-1/1 Social Science
-1/1 TV/Cinema
-1/1 Music
-1/1 Current Events
-1/1 Sports
-1/1 CanCon
-9/9 anything, I suppose

Questions need not conform in any way to academic content or traditional quizbowl formats.

Please submit packets to [email protected] as a Google doc. Pack submission deadline will be Wednesday, August 16. We should ideally have at least 8 packets for this tournament.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me, and I hope to see you all on August 19th!
Adrian Wong
McMaster '23
University of Ottawa, MD '27
Co-President, McMaster Quizbowl

"I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future." - Dan Quayle