EMACS CO Weekend Mirror

This forum is for tournament announcements, updates, and results (official or otherwise).
Dantooine is Big!
Rikku

EMACS CO Weekend Mirror

Post by Dantooine is Big! »

Hello all, this is an announcement thread for the EMACS mirror being held CO weekend on Sunday, August 6th. I'm TDing this mirror. Information about the set can be found here. The format of this tournament will be doubles, but may change to triples depending on staff availability and field size. Here is a team formation spreadsheet. To finalize a registration, please email me at youngflee99 at gmail dot com with your roster. The fee for this tournament will be $10 per player. Part of the proceeds from this tournament will be donated to the Electronic Frontier Foundation. Payment details will be finalized and made clear around the date of the tournament.
Young Fenimore Lee (they/them)
Stevenson High School 2017
Stanford 2021
The New School 2023
Ohio University 2028
anderson
Lulu

Re: EMACS CO Weekend Mirror

Post by anderson »

We're currently at 18 total players and 3 staffers. I'm not sure how many more staffers we can get due to sharing with COLONIAL, so as suggested by Matt we're going to expand the team size to 3 and set a field cap of 8 teams. If we get 2-3 more staffers we can expand the field further, depending on how many more people are interested in playing.
Anderson Wang
Wissahickon HS '12
MIT '16
Dantooine is Big!
Rikku

Post by Dantooine is Big! »

Stats are being updated here.
Young Fenimore Lee (they/them)
Stevenson High School 2017
Stanford 2021
The New School 2023
Ohio University 2028
Adventure Temple Trail
Auron

Post by Adventure Temple Trail »

This set was inventive, whimsical, accessible, thoughtful in its approach to underasked but undeniably Important/Well-Known topics, and extremely fun. It's an achievement Anderson should be extremely proud of. I heartily recommend more mirrors, including online, for those who couldn't make this first site.
Matt Jackson
University of Chicago '24
Yale '14, Georgetown Day School '10
member emeritus, ACF
Excelsior (smack)
Rikku

Post by Excelsior (smack) »

I second all of Matt Jackson's praise of this set, and will also note that this set definitely hit the difficulty target stated in the announcement post.

Much as one might recommend Logomachy to anybody who uses words, I recommend this set to anybody who uses computers.
Ashvin Srivatsa
Corporate drone '?? | Yale University '14 | Sycamore High School (OH) '10
anderson
Lulu

Post by anderson »

Thanks Matt and Ashvin, that really means a lot to me!

I've e-mailed out a link to a Discord server for set discussion (I am also happy to send it directly to those who are spoiled) and will ask about making a discussion forum. Especially since this is my first major writing project, I'd appreciate feedback on anything that didn't play as well and could improve for future mirrors.
Anderson Wang
Wissahickon HS '12
MIT '16
anderson
Lulu

Post by anderson »

There is now a private discussion forum as well.
Anderson Wang
Wissahickon HS '12
MIT '16