Online COOT Mirror September 30, 2023

This forum is for tournament announcements, updates, and results (official or otherwise).
lauren.stoyles
Kimahri

Online COOT Mirror September 30, 2023

Post by lauren.stoyles »

The University of Western Ontario Quizbowl Team will be hosting an online mirror of COOT 2023 on September 30th, 2023. I, Lauren Stoyles, will be the tournament director. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me via email at [email protected].

Logistics:
The tournament will be held using Zoom and Buzzin.live. Participants will be asked to join a Discord server to receive links and announcements. Play will begin at 10:00am EDT following a brief logistics meeting at 9:45am.

Eligibility:
This is an open tournament. All players who have not yet played this set are welcome to sign-up. While this is a Canadian-hosted tournament, registration is not exclusive to Canadian players; please join in on the fun!

Players and staff may sign-up using this registration sheet or by emailing [email protected]. We have a tentative field cap of 6 teams, so I would encourage those interested in playing to add their names to the list promptly. If there is sufficient interest and the amount of registered staff allows, I will post an update about increasing our capacity - those already on the waitlist or free agent list will be given priority to register.

Cost:
The cost for this tournament is $100 CAD per team. Shorthanded teams (2 players or less) will be charged $65 CAD. Information about payment will be shared with registered players closer to the date of the tournament.

A Note About Conduct:
We are committed to maintaining a safe and comfortable environment at this event. Any player or staffer who engages in instances of discrimination, harassment, or bullying will be met with removal from the tournament.

I look forward to seeing your lovely faces on zoom in September. Happy bowling everyone!
Lauren Stoyles
University of Western Ontario 2024
Zealots of Stockholm
Tidus

Re: Online COOT Mirror September 30, 2023

Post by Zealots of Stockholm »

What are the chances the field gets expanded?
Chandler West
Staff, Emory
Vanderbilt University '22
Auburn University '20
Good Hope High School (Cullman, AL) '16
Full Member, ACF; Member, PACE
Writer/editor, ACF, PACE, IQBT