YellowFruit

Packet databases and other quizbowl sites, apps, or software should be discussed here.
arjunvivekraj21
Lulu

YellowFruit

Post by arjunvivekraj21 »

Hello everyone! My name is Arjun Vivekraj and I am from Eden Prairie High School. We are hosting a tournament called SOAR and wanted to download YellowFruit. I downloaded it already on my windows laptop but my co-tournament direction, Vineel, is not able to download it as he is using Mac. Is there a different place we have to go to download it on MACOS.
Arjun Vivekraj
Eden Prairie High School, Minnesota
Class of 2025
jonah
Auron

Re: YellowFruit

Post by jonah »

There's a Mac package for version 3.0.0, though I haven't used it and can't attest to it. I don't know why one wasn't made for 3.0.1 or 3.0.2.
Jonah Greenthal
National Academic Quiz Tournaments
arjunvivekraj21
Lulu

Post by arjunvivekraj21 »

Thank you! However sadly it's not working :(. Is there any other links for MACOS?
Arjun Vivekraj
Eden Prairie High School, Minnesota
Class of 2025
zbennyy
Lulu

Post by zbennyy »

YellowFruit hasn't been supported on MacOS for a couple of years now - a couple people have tried running various console commands and making some edits to try and get a Mac version working, but I don't believe any of those have been successful (at least not for the current version of MacOS, to my knowledge). There is no other link to download it, I'm afraid - you'll likely have to have just one of you do stats throughout the day, or switch to SQBS, which I believe does run on current Macs, but is a bit clunkier to use.
Zac Bennett
Norman North HS (2016-2020)
Ohio State (2020-2022)
Oklahoma (2022-)
ACF, PACE
nicole.
Rikku

Post by nicole. »

I have a binary that works on my Sonoma machine for 3.0.1 (3.0.2 has unsupported fonts that haven't worked with any Mac version I've had). A link is here (download the zip file and it should be a working mac app since I don't know how to package software).
Nic Pruitt (they/them)

Founder of the Maine Quiz Bowl Alliance (MEQBA)
Bates College '25
Kings College London, Winter '24 Semester
Ridgewood '21
Director of Outreach, American Quizbowl League, Prometheus Science Bowl, and Long Island Quiz Bowl Alliance
Outreach and Technology, Florida Quiz Bowl Association