CREEK+ @ University of Florida (3/2/24)

This forum is for tournament announcements, updates, and results (official or otherwise).
mutemagpie
Kimahri

CREEK+ @ University of Florida (3/2/24)

Post by mutemagpie »

I am pleased to announce that the Florida mirror of CREEK+ will be held at the University of Florida on Saturday, March 2nd, 2024!

The tournament will take place at Little Hall (1400 Stadium Rd, Gainesville, FL 32601). The opening meeting will begin at 8:45 A.M., and gameplay will begin at 9:00 A.M. I, Tiffany Zhou, will be the tournament director. Please direct any questions about this tournament to me at [email protected].

Eligibility
Although CREEK+ is open to all ACF-eligible players, the set is intended for newer players and teams such as, but not limited to, those eligible for ACF Fall. The CREEK+ team and I reserve the right to determine if a player or team is too skilled to play this set. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions or concerns about your eligibility.

Registration
To register, email me at [email protected] with the following information:
  • Number of teams and rosters (if known)
  • Number of buzzers
  • Number and names of staffers
  • Discounts you wish to receive
Fees
We will be using the following fee structure:
  • +$120 base fee per team
  • -$10 per functional buzzer set
  • -$10 per 200+ miles of one-way travel, as determined by Google Maps
  • -$20 per approved staffer with a functional laptop
  • -$50 for short-handed teams (1 to 2 players)
  • -$30 "new to quizbowl" discount for schools that have not sent a team to any regular collegiate academic tournament since September 2022
The minimum fee is $50 per team.

Field: (8/8)
UF x 4
UCF x 2
FSU
Panthers
tiffany zhou
beavercreek 21
florida 25