Corinthian (4/21, Online, a One-Day High School Mirror of Venetian IV)

Anything that's on topic but doesn't fit elsewhere, including related events that might be of interest to quizbowl players.
oriley
Wakka

Corinthian (4/21, Online, a One-Day High School Mirror of Venetian IV)

Post by oriley »

“[Staffing for Venetian] quickly convinced me I'd enjoy playing.” — Jeremy Cummings

“Venetian might well have the best price-to-writing quality ratio of all the quiz competitions out there." — Joel Miles

“It was basically the same as playing it normally, but with the added fun of having a battery torch for a light and one bar of wifi from a shack 200m away.” — Caspar Chatham

“I have tossed a chair over Venetian once and I will do it again.” — Dwij Bhatt

Information
This is the announcement post for Corinthian, a mirror of Venetian IV for individuals in high school. All information about the tournament can be found on the website here. Of note, this is a one-day mirror. All players will play six rounds on Sunday, April 21, beginning at 1:00 PM Central Daylight Time (CDT).

The question set for Venetian IV was written by Jason Qin, Shiva Tegulla, Eric Mukherjee, Camden Williams, Andy Yu, Angela Sun, Sophia Wu, Anuj Damle, Pranav Aiyar, Abigail AuYeung, Allie Hoffert, Costas Pavlou, and myself, Owen Riley.

This tournament was initially scheduled for 4/14, and was postponed to 4/21 at the same time.

All information can be found at the above link. Some further notes and clarifications:
  • The field cap is initially set at 16 players. I will expand the field cap by multiples of four.
  • Registration is through the website linked above. Registrations are called “tickets” because the template won’t let me edit the word “ticket,” so we roll with it.
  • I run several practice games on packets from previous Venetian tournaments. If that would interest you, let me know and I’ll see what I can put together.
I can be reached by email at “oriley1201 AT icloud DOT com,” or through my website at “owner AT uqcquizbowl DOT org.” Feel free to send me an email if you have any questions.

Enjoy the tournament!
Owen Riley
Inver Hills ’23
Northfield coach
oriley
Wakka

Re: Corinthian (4/21, Online, a One-Day High School Mirror of Venetian IV)

Post by oriley »

Some notes:

This event has been moved to next Sunday, the 21st. The registration deadline is Thursday, April 18.

The novice division has been cancelled. The championship field is expected to reach at least 12 (there will be a field update shortly).

The initial post has been updated with a new registration link to reflect these changes.
Owen Riley
Inver Hills ’23
Northfield coach
oriley
Wakka

Re: Corinthian (4/21, Online, a One-Day High School Mirror of Venetian IV)

Post by oriley »

Field

Leya Balayoghan (Bellevue, WA)
Aarushi Kanigicherla (Falls Church, VA)
Khang Le (Manvel, TX)
Benjamin Leung (Boston, MA)
Daniel Lu (Bellevue, WA)
Ryan Smith (Chester Springs, PA)
Christopher Stewart (Yukon, OK)
Philip Yao (Aurora, OH)
Owen Riley
Inver Hills ’23