Gauging Interest In Science Monstrosity

Old college threads.

Do you think you would play at Science Monstrosity this year?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:21 pm

Definitely.
42%
Maybe, leaning towards yes.
33%
Maybe, leaning towards no.
No votes
Definitely not.
25%

Total votes: 12

ulls66
Lulu

Gauging Interest In Science Monstrosity

Post by ulls66 »

I'd like to get some idea of the interest level for another edition of Science Monstrosity to be held in conjunction with Chicago Open. (I posted around the start of the month, but I'm not sure if the lack of response was due to lack of interest, or just that the post was buried in the discussion over possible HSNCT accessory events, so I'm trying again with a new thread.)

The plan would be to set things up pretty much as they were last year, with teams of one or two playing on submitted packets, which would each be 20 tossups, no bonuses (solo players would be expected to submit at least 10 tossups). Entry cost otherwise would be free. While a time slot has not been finalized, players should be aware that the last few iterations have been held directly following the Chicago Open.

The distribution would likely be the same as for last year's event:

Chemistry 4
Physics 4
Biology 4
Math/Computer Science/Engineering 3
Earth Sciences/Astronomy 3
Other 2

Note: "Other" may be science biography or science history. There should be no more than 1 question in any round on these topics. This category can also include questions from any of the other categories.

The intended difficulty would be somewhere around ACF Regionals level.

Please feel free to post in this thread if you have any comments or questions, or email me at [email protected].

-Andrew Ullsperger
Captain Sinico
Auron

Post by Captain Sinico »

All I have to say is: SCIENCE!

MaS
Mike Sorice
Former Coach, Centennial High School of Champaign, IL (2014-2020) & Team Illinois (2016-2018)
Alumnus, Illinois ABT (2000-2002; 2003-2009) & Fenwick Scholastic Bowl (1999-2000)
Member, ACF (Emeritus), IHSSBCA, & PACE