can we talk about doug robeson for a minute

Old college threads.
Matt Weiner
Sin

can we talk about doug robeson for a minute

Post by Matt Weiner »

Playing Division II when you're a grad student will always be funny no matter how much time passes.
Rothlover
Yuna

Post by Rothlover »

so will editing qbwiki pages as DRobe. Statutory rape is always laffo as well.
wd4gdz
Tidus

Post by wd4gdz »

Props to Munkel for making a nice update on Doug "but I'm applying for jobs teaching high school [so I can find new teenage girls] and if one was to google my name, this is one of the first sites [other than that link to the sex offender website] to come up" Robeson.
Rothlover
Yuna

Post by Rothlover »

link?
wd4gdz
Tidus

Post by wd4gdz »

She added:

Recently, Doug has fallen on hard times after Kelli engaged in a study abroad program in Italy, where she has allegedly been observed fucking Italian men who drive Vespas. Depressed, Doug removed himself from the UF College Bowl program and now spends his days searching for career opportunities in public education despite concerns that googling his name will yield results that reference his former sex life.
Rothlover
Yuna

Post by Rothlover »

I had no idea that was her who added that. My hat is off to her.
bornonatrain
Lulu

Post by bornonatrain »

Heh. He then decided to send myself, Travis, another member our team who is known to cave to Doug-pressure, and the Union Representative the link and demanded that we take it down. In that letter, he threatened to sue us for libel and defamation of his character, since he was trying to get the aformentioned job and if you google his name, qbwiki apparently comes up (though it really only came up through Kelli Wood's site, which is now gone as well).

I was going to point out that the information posted would have to be proven as untrue to be libel, and as far as anyone in our organization knows it isn't (or, additionally, that the site says that it's satirical and over the top), but I don't like interacting with Doug when I can help it. So he was told to be a big boy and edit the site himself.

This is not really new with Doug--- when the last generation of UF quizbowlers tried to get rid of him, they had to keep him around after he threatened to sue them for age discrimination, which was equally as ludicrous, as Trash dinosaur Jeff Zahnen has always been older that Doug.
Matt Weiner
Sin

Post by Matt Weiner »

bornonatrain wrote:Heh. He then decided to send myself, Travis, another member our team who is known to cave to Doug-pressure, and the Union Representative the link and demanded that we take it down. In that letter, he threatened to sue us for libel and defamation of his character, since he was trying to get the aformentioned job and if you google his name, qbwiki apparently comes up (though it really only came up through Kelli Wood's site, which is now gone as well).

I was going to point out that the information posted would have to be proven as untrue to be libel, and as far as anyone in our organization knows it isn't (or, additionally, that the site says that it's satirical and over the top), but I don't like interacting with Doug when I can help it. So he was told to be a big boy and edit the site himself.

This is not really new with Doug--- when the last generation of UF quizbowlers tried to get rid of him, they had to keep him around after he threatened to sue them for age discrimination, which was equally as ludicrous, as Trash dinosaur Jeff Zahnen has always been older that Doug.
This is the greatest post in the history of the forum and I thank you wholeheartedly for it.
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

bornonatrain wrote:since he was trying to get the aformentioned job and if you google his name, qbwiki apparently comes up (though it really only came up through Kelli Wood's site, which is now gone as well).
And by comes up, it's the second highest page.

Also your post was great. Please share more stories!
Rothlover
Yuna

Post by Rothlover »

bornonatrain wrote:Heh. He then decided to send myself, Travis, another member our team who is known to cave to Doug-pressure, and the Union Representative the link and demanded that we take it down. In that letter, he threatened to sue us for libel and defamation of his character, since he was trying to get the aformentioned job and if you google his name, qbwiki apparently comes up (though it really only came up through Kelli Wood's site, which is now gone as well).

Again, bless you. Also, did you mean that Doug is older than Jeff Zahnen? Does that make him like 27?
wd4gdz
Tidus

Post by wd4gdz »

Doug Robeson...isn't he a member of Gator Freethought?
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

Yeah, my mom was trying to get me to go to Florida... definitely not gonna happen now.
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
Frater Taciturnus
Auron

Post by Frater Taciturnus »

charlieDfromNKC wrote:Yeah, my mom was trying to get me to go to Florida... definitely not gonna happen now.
Yeah, I was gonna probably go somewhere too. And that idea worked SO well.
Janet Berry
[email protected]
she/they
--------------
J. Sargeant Reynolds CC 2008, 2009, 2014
Virginia Commonwealth 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013,
Douglas Freeman 2005, 2006, 2007
chune72
Lulu

Post by chune72 »

wd4gdz wrote:She added:

Recently, Doug has fallen on hard times after Kelli engaged in a study abroad program in Italy, where she has allegedly been observed fucking Italian men who drive Vespas.
FWIW, that was loosely based on this article.