Florida State University HS Tournament (11/3/07)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
wd4gdz
Tidus

Florida State University HS Tournament (11/3/07)

Post by wd4gdz »

Florida State University will host its third annual high school tournament in the fall of 2007. We are considering two dates:
October 13, 2007
November 10, 2007

If you have a preference for either of these two dates, or if there is a big conflict I don't know about, please let me know.

Thanks,
Billy Beyer
NoahMinkCHS
Rikku

Post by NoahMinkCHS »

We're planning to do our high school tournament at UGA on Oct. 13. We may be far enough away and draw from different enough areas where it's not an issue, but it might help you draw more Georgia teams (and us possibly get some Florida teams?) if you went with the November date.
wd4gdz
Tidus

Post by wd4gdz »

Hmm...I wonder if Walton knew that.
jrbarry
Tidus

Post by jrbarry »

Noah:

Walton's Tournament is October 13. Gwinnett County is Sept 29. SAT is Oct 6.
jrbarry
Tidus

Post by jrbarry »

Brookwood might well be interested in a Nov 10 tournament in lovely Leon County, FL.
hardeecoach
Lulu

Post by hardeecoach »

Billy- I think Hardee can come on either date but I would probably prefer October. Do you have dates for any other Florida tournaments?
MrSchnippert
Lulu

Post by MrSchnippert »

Either day seems open on my school's calendar, so I don't see much of a preference. My calendar doesn't show us having any holiday for Veterans Day, so I'd make sure you don't try to use the holiday for districts that don't get the day off. I'm an FSU alum, so it'd be fun to have my team's first tournament be at FSU.
Saiem
Wakka

Post by Saiem »

hey don't forget about the Rickards tournament. we're holding a two day tournament. Billy! we need to talk in that case.
embily718
Lulu

Post by embily718 »

October 13 would be better for the OW team because there are some high school students on the Brain Bowl team, and I'm pretty sure the Valencia tournament is always that second weekend in November.
Success isn't a destination you can ever reach. Success is the quality of your journey.

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Emily Hooper
OWC Collegiate High School
Class of 2007
wd4gdz
Tidus

Post by wd4gdz »

embily718 wrote:October 13 would be better for the OW team because there are some high school students on the Brain Bowl team, and I'm pretty sure the Valencia tournament is always that second weekend in November.
The 2007 Valencia Delta Burke tournament is Nov. 30 - Dec. 1
embily718
Lulu

Post by embily718 »

That's weird. Do you know when the UF tournament is, then, because the UF tournament is normally that first weekend in December.
Success isn't a destination you can ever reach. Success is the quality of your journey.

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Emily Hooper
Class of 2007
wd4gdz
Tidus

Post by wd4gdz »

It's tentatively scheduled for the same weekend since both tournaments are using the same set of questions.
embily718
Lulu

Post by embily718 »

Oh no! I'm assistant coaching the OWCCHS and OWC teams. They can't have tournaments on the same days.

Emily Hooper
Class of 2007
wd4gdz
Tidus

Post by wd4gdz »

I chose the Nov. 10th date, so nobody else use that date! I hope to get some Georgia teams to come, so spread the word. It's generally a good tournament with excellent questions. If you want to see some past packets, let me know.

More details about the tournament to come forth in a couple months.
wd4gdz
Tidus

Post by wd4gdz »

Due to the cost of utilities (I'm not kidding) we can't hold the tournament at FSU. Therefore, we have moved the tournament to nearby Maclay, which is an awesome private school with great facilities. However, this means the tournament date has been changed (sorry!) to November 3rd. We hope teams that have expressed earlier interest can still make it.
Saiem
Wakka

Post by Saiem »

Billy, I could not be more in love with you right now.
jrbarry
Tidus

Post by jrbarry »

Brookwood will not be able to make it.