Route 66 XIII/EFT Mirror at OU - 9/29/2007

Old college threads.
Nyktophoros
Lulu

Route 66 XIII/EFT Mirror at OU - 9/29/2007

Post by Nyktophoros »

The University of Oklahoma will be mirroring Brown's Early Fall Tournament as our fall Route 66 Classic XIII on Saturday, September 29th, 2007. The fee structure for this tournament will be as follows:

Base Fee: $90 per team
Additional Team Discount: $10 per team
Buzzer Discount: $5 per working system
Travel Discount: $5 for the first 150 miles and an additional $5 for each 50 miles after that (all distances one-way and as determined by MapQuest).
Minimum Fee: $75 per team

Please register by Wednesday, September 26th at the latest. To check on updated information on teams that have registered, location, etc. please check our Route 66 website at: http://www.ou.edu/student/okacf/route66.html

If you would like to register or if you have any questions, feel free to contact me, Emily Duda, at: nyktophoros [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Jeremy Gibbs Lemma
Rikku

Post by Jeremy Gibbs Lemma »

Truman State plans on bringing at least one team to this, I believe. I will get back to you when I know for sure but we should be free that weekend.
ecks
Wakka

Post by ecks »

Kentb426 wrote:Truman State plans on bringing at least one team to this, I believe. I will get back to you when I know for sure but we should be free that weekend.
This is for true.
Christopher Stone
Truman State University '09
KGeee
Wakka

inquiries

Post by KGeee »

(disregard message.)
Kyle Gregory
Langston University '09
UALR Law '12
University of Oklahoma College of Law Visiting Student 2011-2012
Jeremy Gibbs Lemma
Rikku

did this happen ?

we obviously weren't able to come because we had already planned on chicago before realizing you were already doing the eft questions

but any results or brief updates ?
Nyktophoros
Lulu

Post by Nyktophoros »

Why yes, this tournament did in fact happen, and ran fairly smoothly despite finals extending a bit late into the evening.

We held the tournament as a 9-team round robin followed by a playoff with the top four teams. Harding defeated Texas-Austin in the playoffs to come in first (though they're listed second on the website since the final rounds are bunched in with the complete stats - we're working on that). Tulsa and Kansas State were also in the four-team finals, coming in 3rd and 4th respectively.

The rest of the stats can be found here: http://www.ou.edu/student/okacf/results ... dings.html

Thanks to all who came and helped to make this tournament a success.
ecks
Wakka

Post by ecks »

Looking at K State's team, I noticed that Fidel is conspicuously absent (again). Did he just stop playing quizbowl or what?
Christopher Stone
Truman State University '09
Jeremy Gibbs Lemma
Rikku

Maybe he graduated ?
Morton's Fork
Lulu

Post by Morton's Fork »

I must say that the moderation at this tournament was excellent. Nicely done OU.

-Mark (Texas)