wd4gdz
Tidus

COTKU discussion

Post by wd4gdz »

Go ahead, why not?
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Post by ValenciaQBowl »

Why didn't Florida State go, Billy? I hope y'all didn't stay home to watch that "football" game between your college and that private school from downstate.
bsmith
Tidus

Post by bsmith »

Who can I contact privately for my comments about the questions, specifically my own?
Captain Sinico
Auron

Post by Captain Sinico »

You want to comment on your own questions?

MaS
Mike Sorice
Former Coach, Centennial High School of Champaign, IL (2014-2020) & Team Illinois (2016-2018)
Alumnus, Illinois ABT (2000-2002; 2003-2009) & Fenwick Scholastic Bowl (1999-2000)
Member, ACF (Emeritus), IHSSBCA, & PACE
bsmith
Tidus

Post by bsmith »

ImmaculateDeception wrote:You want to comment on your own questions?

MaS
How they were used in the tournament. The "Ottawa" packet was not, in fact, written by Ottawa players, and it received a fair bit of criticism. I think this is best dealt with privately for now.
Sima Guang Hater
Auron

Post by Sima Guang Hater »

can someone send me the set at Eric [underscore] Mukherjee [at] Brown [dot] edu
Eric Mukherjee, MD PhD
Brown 2009, Penn Med 2018
Instructor/Attending Physician/Postdoctoral Fellow, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Coach, University School of Nashville

“The next generation will always surpass the previous one. It’s one of the never-ending cycles in life.”
Support the Stevens-Johnson Syndrome Foundation
dtaylor4
Auron

Post by dtaylor4 »

ToStrikeInfinitely wrote:can someone send me the set at Eric [underscore] Mukherjee [at] Brown [dot] edu
Ditto, but [email protected]
Greek Myth God
Lulu

Post by Greek Myth God »

I'd love to see it also (at... [email protected])
quo.vadio
Kimahri

Post by quo.vadio »

Bsmith is absolutely correct in his assertion that most of the questions in the packet listing Ottawa A as an author were not in fact written by them. By my very quick count, there were 5 tossups and 6 bonuses from their packet. The principal author for the packet was Seth Kendall. I also contributed a few.

I used relatively few from the Ottawa packet because I received all sets from Ontario Bowl relatively late in the editing process, and they had an (understandably) different distribution which emphasized the Canadian, where possible.

Bsmith, I would have emailed this to you directly, however, I could not find a contact address. If you would like to, you can email me at [email protected].

If you would like me to list the tossups and bonuses that I received from your set on this forum, so that you can be dissociated from the rest, I would be happy to.
quo.vadio
Kimahri

Post by quo.vadio »

I neglected to mention in my last reply that Seth was rightfully listed as the principal author at the top of the packet in question.
wd4gdz
Tidus

Post by wd4gdz »

ValenciaQBowl wrote:Why didn't Florida State go, Billy? I hope y'all didn't stay home to watch that "football" game between your college and that private school from downstate.
Save up money to go to Princeton's PARFIT tournament, where there will be better teams, questions, competition, venue, etc, etc, etc., and most importantly, my BFF Chris Ray.
canaanbananarama
Wakka

Post by canaanbananarama »

ROAR Jonathan Magin angry at your misplaced best friendship forever that has not been placed in he who is BFF to all. The sky over Maryland and Magin's hall of plenty the South Campus Commons looms red as if Bruce Arthur were drawn and quartered by Fra Filippo Lippi and Lippi ascended to the heavens to paint our sky with Bruce's blood. It suffocates me and my fellow students like the devil oxygen which nearly brought Andy Goss to his end at the Library of Congress on that fateful day. The greatest crime unto the Jonathan and his harsh shar'ia is chutzpah and I prophesize that you, William Galusha Beyer III, will fall on the plain of Jordan Boyd Graber's accidental urine when you are brought to the great judgment for your folly.

Charles Meigs
Leo Wolpert
Wakka

Post by Leo Wolpert »

canaanbananarama wrote:ROAR Jonathan Magin angry at your misplaced best friendship forever that has not been placed in he who is BFF to all. The sky over Maryland and Magin's hall of plenty the South Campus Commons looms red as if Bruce Arthur were drawn and quartered by Fra Filippo Lippi and Lippi ascended to the heavens to paint our sky with Bruce's blood. It suffocates me and my fellow students like the devil oxygen which nearly brought Andy Goss to his end at the Library of Congress on that fateful day. The greatest crime unto the Jonathan and his harsh shar'ia is chutzpah and I prophesize that you, William Galusha Beyer III, will fall on the plain of Jordan Boyd Graber's accidental urine when you are brought to the great judgment for your folly.

Charles Meigs
Mr. Kwalter
Tidus

Post by Mr. Kwalter »

I think you just cured Leo's typhoid fever, Charles.
Eric Kwartler
Alumnus, University of Texas School of Law
Sima Guang Hater
Auron

Post by Sima Guang Hater »

Leo Wolpert wrote:
canaanbananarama wrote:ROAR Jonathan Magin angry at your misplaced best friendship forever that has not been placed in he who is BFF to all. The sky over Maryland and Magin's hall of plenty the South Campus Commons looms red as if Bruce Arthur were drawn and quartered by Fra Filippo Lippi and Lippi ascended to the heavens to paint our sky with Bruce's blood. It suffocates me and my fellow students like the devil oxygen which nearly brought Andy Goss to his end at the Library of Congress on that fateful day. The greatest crime unto the Jonathan and his harsh shar'ia is chutzpah and I prophesize that you, William Galusha Beyer III, will fall on the plain of Jordan Boyd Graber's accidental urine when you are brought to the great judgment for your folly.

Charles Meigs
Post of the month. At least
Eric Mukherjee, MD PhD
Brown 2009, Penn Med 2018
Instructor/Attending Physician/Postdoctoral Fellow, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Coach, University School of Nashville

“The next generation will always surpass the previous one. It’s one of the never-ending cycles in life.”
Support the Stevens-Johnson Syndrome Foundation