ACF Fall 2007 at Stanford University

Old college threads.
solidarity
Lulu

ACF Fall 2007 at Stanford University

Post by solidarity »

Greetings--

This is an announcement for ACF Fall - West Coast, to be held at Stanford University on Saturday, November 3, 2007. The tournament will be held in Old Union, on Stanford University campus; please see the maps available at http://quizbowl.stanford.edu/tournament ... ll/map.jpg and
http://transportation.stanford.edu/imag ... ng-Map.pdf. Detailed parking and directions will be given to all interested teams.

The fee structure will be as follows:

$100 base per team
-$5 per fully functional buzzer
-$10 per fully functional moderator
-$10 for teams traveling over 200 miles (as determined by Google Maps)

Packet submission is required, except for teams that did not compete in ACF in 2006-07 or 2005-06. In addition, C, D, and additional teams are exempt.The deadlines for packet submission have been posted by the ACF editing staff at hsquizbowl.org; they are included below for your convenience. Please realize that they come from ACF, not us, and that they have been posted for several months already.

Submitted by September 29: no penalty
Submitted by October 6 +$20
Submitted by October 20 +$50
No packet submitted by October 20: Dropped from tournament
Submit packets to ekwartler at gmail dot com.

Questions ought to be moderately easy; please note that unlike in previous years, ACF will be instituting a hard cap on all questions and long questions will be truncated without exception. Question distributions, packet-writing guidelines, and other essential
information are found at http://www.hsquizbowl.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4168.

Please e-mail me (Jason Ma, ratiocinate AT gmail DOT com) if you plan on coming to ACF Fall at Stanford.

Thank you.
Jason Ma
Stanford University Quiz Bowl
Host of ACF Fall 2007
Schweizerkas
Lulu

Post by Schweizerkas »

Teams that competed at Stanford's ACF Fall tournament already received this information, but I'll just cross-post the results here:

Ten teams came to Stanford to play in ACF Fall 2007, held on November 3, 2007. Congratulations to UC Berkeley, who remained undefeated through the round-robin, winning the tournament. Berkeley, led by Paul Lujan -- the second-highest individual scorer in the tournament -- and rounded out by Yogesh, Jenny, and Brian had an impressive average margin of 306.7 points per game. The Division II champion was Stanford "Nein", which went 5-4. Congratulations to all that participated! Full statistics can be found here.
cvdwightw
Auron

Post by cvdwightw »

Great tournament, guys. We apologize for delaying the tournament half an hour by wandering around campus looking for the building, but other than that things went real well. It was nice to see some actual D2 teams at ACF Fall West. I'm excited for the new blood on the West Coast.

Also, Paul's neg was great. It's been a while since I've heard a "best neg of the tournament"-worthy neg on an academic packet.
Maxwell Sniffingwell
Auron

Post by Maxwell Sniffingwell »

cvdwightw wrote:Also, Paul's neg was great. It's been a while since I've heard a "best neg of the tournament"-worthy neg on an academic packet.
Storytime. Go.
The Time Keeper
Auron

Post by The Time Keeper »

cornfused wrote:
cvdwightw wrote:Also, Paul's neg was great. It's been a while since I've heard a "best neg of the tournament"-worthy neg on an academic packet.
Storytime. Go.
There's still an ACF Fall yet to run.
cvdwightw
Auron

Post by cvdwightw »

Dolemite wrote:
cornfused wrote:
Storytime. Go.
There's still an ACF Fall yet to run.
For those of you who wish to know, the wrong answer can be found on Stanford's tournament recap here. Until the other regional concludes, the right answer is subject to your speculation.
alkrav112
Rikku

Post by alkrav112 »

That's hilarious, because I almost negged with that exact answer on that exact question, and instead decided to keep my mouth shut.
The Time Keeper
Auron

Post by The Time Keeper »

Jerry made that very same neg when we read that packet in IRC
Auks Ran Ova
Forums Staff: Chief Administrator

Post by Auks Ran Ova »

Assuming that was on the question I'm thinking of, I very nearly negged with that as well. Wow.
Rob Carson
University of Minnesota '11, MCTC '??, BHSU forever
Member, ACF
Member emeritus, PACE
Writer and Editor, NAQT
grapesmoker
Sin

Post by grapesmoker »

Dolemite wrote:Jerry made that very same neg when we read that packet in IRC
This is fantastic.
Jerry Vinokurov
ex-LJHS, ex-Berkeley, ex-Brown, sorta-ex-CMU