Possible Tournament at the University of Louisville

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Church51907
Wakka

Possible Tournament at the University of Louisville

Post by Church51907 »

I was wondering if any schools might be interested in participating in a tournament using NAQT questions in March or April at the University of Louisville? If anyone is interested let me know. Happy Holidays
EricLeMaster
Wakka

Re: Possible Tournament at the University of Louisville

Post by EricLeMaster »

Church51907 wrote:I was wondering if any schools might be interested in participating in a tournament using NAQT questions in March or April at the University of Louisville? If anyone is interested let me know. Happy Holidays
Being a Kentucky school, I would say that Johnson Central may be interested in participating...

Of course I can't answer for my coach, but if interest presents itself, she's likely to consider it.
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

NKC would be interested depending on the date (for us that's basically just March 29th or April 5th) assuming Louisville is within 250 miles of Missouri.
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
Church51907
Wakka

Tourney

Post by Church51907 »

If you think your team might be interested, let me know and I can e-mail the coach info. Also, if you know of any other teams that might be interested, pass their name to me. Hopefully, this tourney will be a kind of last chance qualifier for NAQT Nationals.

NKC, Louisville is within 4 hours of St. Louis, though there is one airline that offers nonstop from KC to Louisville.

Happy holidays
djones
Wakka

Post by djones »

Northmont High School (OH) would be interested in coming, depending on the date and the NAQT set. You can send me info at [email protected]
Church51907
Wakka

Possible teams

Post by Church51907 »

Right now, we have three interested teams. Anyone know of any other teams that might be interested in playing and qualifying for NAQT nats
brownboy79
Rikku

Post by brownboy79 »

Dunbar is interested. I'll get back to you.
Church51907
Wakka

Dunbar

Post by Church51907 »

Excellent, I need to check with some folks on finalizing a date. Any ideas on other schools that may be interested.
mknupp
Lulu

Post by mknupp »

Russell would be interested, depending on the date.
jwoolley
Lulu

Post by jwoolley »

Apollo High School would like to participate with two teams, as long as it is not held on March 8, 15 or 29 or on April 5.
Church51907
Wakka

TOurney

Post by Church51907 »

We'd be glad to have Apollo participate, we are still working on finalizing a date at this point, but will let you know.
Church51907
Wakka

Contact info

Post by Church51907 »

Right now, we have interest from the following schools
NKC
Northmont
Johnson Central
Russell
Dunbar
Apollo (2 teams)

plus we will contact some of the local schools like Manual and Ballard. If you're still interested, please e-mail coaches contact info and I will start getting info packets together. Happy holidays.
Matt
akinney
Wakka

Post by akinney »

Madisonville may be interested in joining. I'll ask our Coach about it and see what she says. Hopefully it's not on March 1, 15-17, 19, or April 26th, though.
Aaron Kinney
Madisonville-North Hopkins '10
Go Maroons!
Church51907
Wakka

Coaches contact info

Post by Church51907 »

I still need contact info from the following three school
Apollo
Russell
Madisonville North Hopkins

Send it to me soon, so I can start finalizing a date

Also, the tournament will probably be early April to avoid overlap with KY Governors Cup
mknupp
Lulu

Post by mknupp »

email for russell is [email protected] Office phone is 606-494-2192.

Coach: Matt Knupp
Church51907
Wakka

Post by Church51907 »

Matt, thanks for the info. We hope you will be able to participate, we have two former Russell players who will be moderators for the tournament.
Coach K
Wakka

Post by Coach K »

Danville would probably be interested also. [email protected]
Church51907
Wakka

NAQT

Post by Church51907 »

We were going to use NAQT questions. We had a tourney in the fall and used NAQT toss up and used KY Governor's Cup rules/scoring (1 point per). Would this be okay?

Also, I am working to finalize a date, which is pendant upon College tournaments since U of L Quiz bowlers serve as our readers, but I am very happy right now to have some of the best Kentucky teams interested and some out of state powers.
akinney
Wakka

Re: NAQT

Post by akinney »

Church51907 wrote:We were going to use NAQT questions. We had a tourney in the fall and used NAQT toss up and used KY Governor's Cup rules/scoring (1 point per). Would this be okay?

Also, I am working to finalize a date, which is pendant upon College tournaments since U of L Quiz bowlers serve as our readers, but I am very happy right now to have some of the best Kentucky teams interested and some out of state powers.
So it isn't an NAQT qualifier, or yes?
Aaron Kinney
Go Maroons!

I'm pretty sure every tournament using questions written by NAQT is a qualifier, no matter what format/length is used.
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
Church51907
Wakka

Post by Church51907 »

It would be an NAQT qualifer, our fal one was. Any event that uses NAQT questions counts as a qualifier and hopefully, we will have enough volunteers to do the traditional NAQT format.

Charlie, how did the NKC NAQT qualifer go?
akinney
Wakka

Post by akinney »

Deesy Does It wrote:I'm pretty sure every tournament using questions written by NAQT is a qualifier, no matter what format/length is used.
Sorry, Charlie, I didn't understand what he was saying.
Aaron Kinney
Go Maroons!

Church51907
Wakka

Post by Church51907 »

Can empathize. We had two teams drop out within eight hours of ours. The one thing is tournaments can only get better.

Aaron sorry about the confusion. We had to rely on volunteer scorekeepers in the fall and the G Cup format was easier for them than trying to get them to NAQT format. Hope MNH can make it.
akinney
Wakka

Post by akinney »

Church51907 wrote:Can empathize. We had two teams drop out within eight hours of ours. The one thing is tournaments can only get better.

Aaron sorry about the confusion. We had to rely on volunteer scorekeepers in the fall and the G Cup format was easier for them than trying to get them to NAQT format. Hope MNH can make it.
Thanks. If you need to contact our coach: [email protected]. I'm pretty sure it won't be a problem for North.

And another question, does this mean no powers?
Aaron Kinney
Go Maroons!