2008 Panasonic Academic Challenge: Illinois wins!

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Re: 2008 Panasonic Academic Challenge updates

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

To John Brown -
I have absolutely no interest in attending the PAC again because I inherently am bothered by the format that seems to go out of its way to force you to buzzer race and not actually demonstrate depth. The rest of the Missouri team just kind of fell apart once I made it very clear to my coach (also Missouri's Panasonic coach for decades) that I was under no circumstances going because he hadn't really gotten in contact with anyone about being on the team and whatnot.
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
wowitsquinthaha
Wakka

Post by wowitsquinthaha »

GO GUAM GO!
Quint Carr
Maggie Walker A
GSAC XV Question Editor
GSAC XVI Chief Promoter/Celebrity
Stained Diviner
Auron

Post by Stained Diviner »

The Maryland score is a tournament record. The old record was 487 by Illinois in 2006.

Some of the semi matchups:
Illinois vs Ohio vs Pennsylvania
Oklahoma vs South Carolina vs Vermont
Kentucky vs Maryland
Each of the rooms will end up with about five teams after tomorrow's winners get added in.
David Reinstein
Head Writer and Editor for Scobol Solo, Masonics, and IESA; TD for Scobol Solo and Reinstein Varsity; IHSSBCA Board Member; IHSSBCA Chair (2004-2014); PACE President (2016-2018)
Maxwell Sniffingwell
Auron

Post by Maxwell Sniffingwell »

Or the Missou team, even.
Greg Peterson

Northwestern University '18
Lawrence University '11
Maine South HS '07

"a decent player" - Mike Cheyne
Byko
Yuna

Post by Byko »

Deesy Does It wrote:The rest of the Missouri team just kind of fell apart once I made it very clear to my coach (also Missouri's Panasonic coach for decades) that I was under no circumstances going because he hadn't really gotten in contact with anyone about being on the team and whatnot.
When I spoke to Mr. Allen at PACE, he had what, Ifeel, was a good reason for not really organizing things. Apparently, the coaches' association did not reimburse him for last year's trip as they should have, and without that, he had no interest in going down there out of his own pocket, which I can't blame him for, regardless of whatever long-distance tournament it would be.
Dave Bykowski
Furman '00
Michigan '02
PACE 1998-2009
Director, JROTC National Academic Bowl Championship
Stained Diviner
Auron

Semis:
IL, OH, PA, IA, and TN
SC, OK, CA, VT, and WY
MD, KY, FL, and CO
Two from each room make the Final.
David Reinstein
Head Writer and Editor for Scobol Solo, Masonics, and IESA; TD for Scobol Solo and Reinstein Varsity; IHSSBCA Board Member; IHSSBCA Chair (2004-2014); PACE President (2016-2018)
Tegan
Coach of AHAN Jr.

Post by Tegan »

ReinsteinD wrote:Semis:
IL, OH, PA, IA, and TN
SC, OK, CA, VT, and WY
MD, KY, FL, and CO
Two from each room make the Final.
Hmm ..... MD, KY, FL, and CO seem to be in the "Fantasia of Death" ....

SC, OK, CA might be interesting ....

IF (emphasis, if) history is a predictor, IL should have a relatively easy trip to the finals.
BobGHHS
Rikku

Post by BobGHHS »

Our Semifinal Room:

1st - Illinois
2nd - Tennessee
3rd - Ohio
4th - Pennsylvania
5th - Iowa
Bob Kilner
Kent State '06 - Boise State '10
Former Coach, Garfield Hts (OH) (2001-08)
Former Coach, Eastlake North HS (OH) (2015-22)

"I'd sooner fail than not be among the greatest." - John Keats
InfantInnocence
Kimahri

Post by InfantInnocence »

It was basically just a fight for Illinois' left overs. Not pretty.
Graham Moyer, State College

The grizzly bear is huge and wild
He has devoured the infant child
The infant child is unaware
It has been eaten by the bear
ClemsonQB
Tidus

Post by ClemsonQB »

Finalists include:
South Carolina
Illinois
Florida
California
Kentucky
Tennessee
George Stevens

Dorman High School 2008
Clemson University 2012
Momster
Kimahri

Post by Momster »

A big THANKS to all of you who have posted results the past couple of days. (I had been waiting anxiously to hear how my team had been doing, between competitions -- now I know that they're done for the day... wish I could have got the "play-by-play.")
Tegan
Coach of AHAN Jr.

Post by Tegan »

quizbowlabc wrote:Finalists include:
South Carolina
Illinois
Florida
California
Kentucky
Tennessee

WHoahh! Maryland, again!?!! No disrespect .. Florida makes it practically every year because they have great players, great coaches, and a little built in familiarity with the format, and I'm assuming that Kentucky had some good players and coaches coming back from a team that made the finals last year, but after nuking the first round into bolivian, I thought Maryland was on a roll back to the finals.
BuzzerZen
Auron

Post by BuzzerZen »

Tegan wrote:nuking the first round into bolivian
This is the best malapropism ever created.
Evan Silberman
Hampshire College 07F

How are you actually reading one of my posts?
cvdwightw
Auron

Post by cvdwightw »

What is this so-called California team? Is it Torrey Pines again?

Shows how in the loop I am. My state selects a team to go and I don't even know who it is or how it got picked.
Dwight Wynne
socalquizbowl.org
UC Irvine 2008-2013; UCLA 2004-2007; Capistrano Valley High School 2000-2003

"It's a competition, but it's not a sport. On a scale, if football is a 10, then rowing would be a two. One would be Quiz Bowl." --Matt Birk on rowing, SI On Campus, 10/21/03

"If you were my teammate, I would have tossed your ass out the door so fast you'd be emitting Cerenkov radiation, but I'm not classy like Dwight." --Jerry
Stained Diviner
Auron

Maryland finished two points behind Florida.
David Reinstein
Magister Ludi
Tidus

Post by Magister Ludi »

This is the second straight year that MD has had a dominating first round permance and then failed to make the finals.
Ted Gioia - Harvard '12
Editor ACF, PACE
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

Also, Illinois didn't make the finals that one year when they broke the score-in-a-match record.
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
pray for elves
Auron

Post by pray for elves »

Who's representing Tennessee at this?

Also, Silberman, you can thank Mike Tyson for that malapropism (sort of).
Evan
Georgetown Law Alum, Brandeis Alum, Oak Ridge High Alum
Ex-PACE, Ex-ACF
Tegan
Coach of AHAN Jr.

Post by Tegan »

DeisEvan wrote:Also, Silberman, you can thank Mike Tyson for that malapropism (sort of).
For outing me, Evan, I will eat your children!
Last edited by Tegan on Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tegan
Coach of AHAN Jr.

Post by Tegan »

Looks like Illinois beat Florida by one point in the finals.
rjaguar3
Rikku

Post by rjaguar3 »

Final places
1. Illinois 186
2. Florida 185
3. South Carolina 165
4. Kentucky 147
5. Tennessee 110
6. California 75

On the final team bonus (I'll describe it later), Illinois scored just 9, but that was just enough to hold off Florida, who got 21.

Full commentary coming soon.
Greg (Vanderbilt 2012, Wheaton North 2008)
ClemsonQB
Tidus

Post by ClemsonQB »

DeisEvan wrote:Who's representing Tennessee at this?
Ezel Harding
George Stevens

Dorman High School 2008
Clemson University 2012
Stat Boy
Rikku

Post by Stat Boy »

This is the second straight year that MD has had a dominating first round performance and then failed to make the finals.
False.
Adam Marshall,
Walt Whitman '08
Colby '12
Tegan
Coach of AHAN Jr.

Post by Tegan »

Stat Boy wrote:
This is the second straight year that MD has had a dominating first round performance and then failed to make the finals.
False.
Explain please.
MLaudermith
Wakka

Post by MLaudermith »

rjaguar3 wrote:Final places
1. Illinois 186
2. Florida 185
3. South Carolina 165
4. Kentucky 147
5. Tennessee 110
6. California 75

On the final team bonus (I'll describe it later), Illinois scored just 9, but that was just enough to hold off Florida, who got 21.

Full commentary coming soon.
WOW. :shock:

Congratulations to Team Illinois for their second PAC championship in a row. I can't wait to hear this story!
Mike Laudermith, Fenton High School
IHSSBCA Member-at-Large

"Where can you belt back a fifth of scotch on the Firth of Forth?"
--geography tossup from the pioneering days of Illinois Scholastic Bowl
esoteria
Kimahri

Post by esoteria »

Stop trolling if you are trolling.

The reason for these anomalies is that national competitions like Panasonic really only scratch the surface of material. For example, there was a question on find the volume of Gabriel's horn...if someone is able to answer this within five seconds of the question, a question is raised -- did the person who answered actually know how to do the indefinite integral, or did the persion merely hear about Gabriel's horn in a calculus class and memorized its area for a unit test? A slightly better question may be finding the integral of an expression such as sec^3(x) dx or e^x sinx dx. While it is possible to memorize the solutions, it is better math just to do the parts, then the algebraic manipulation. There is also a lack of other good mathematics questions, for example imaginary numbers. A quality math question might be "Find ln(-2)." This requires the student to realize that -2 = 0 - 2i = 2 (0 - i) = 2 [cos(pi*i) + i sin(pi*i)] = 2 e ^ pi i, so ln(-2) = ln2 + pi * i + 2*pi*k with k is an element of integers. Another good math question would be to find square roots of imaginary numbers, again using one of Euler's theorems to see that e^(n theta) ^ (1/c) = e^ (n theta / c). However, the questions that seem to be asked are the volumes of interesting shapes that may not actually be able to be built. Granted there were some good questions (for example, the line integral one). It'd be great to see more number theory/tougher geometry (e.g. using good math theorems such as Ceva's, Menelaus's), and material that requires the student to use his/her head for critical thinking rather than for memorization. Another example -- conic sections. Students are being given equations and asked whether or not they are parabolae, hyperbolae, ellipses, or circles; this is simply finding the eccentricity. But of the students who can do this, how many actually understand where it comes from and what it means? Perhaps a better question would be to give students a hairy equation and asking them for the equations that would re-orient coordinate axes to make the situation much easier.

Speaking of material depth, we might as well go into other subjects, such as chemistry/physics. As far as chemistry goes, the problems may also be a bit easier -- mostly limiting reagent, Le Chat's, maybe some colligative properties and atomic trends; all this stuff can be memorized, but I believe that it is far more important to understand where they come from. Students should be able to to more complicated problems, combining math concepts, such as differential equations, with reactions. Or at least some slightly complicated redox reactions that can be solved through inspection. Physics, on the other hand, is slightly dismal. Where is Ampere's Law, or Biot-Savart, or even parallel axis or the shell theorem? These, in my opinion, are far more important than happening to know what colours have the smallest wavelength. That can be found by consulting a chart. The expression for the electric field at a point at a given distance from a charged rod, however, can't be found in charts as easily.

Given, some of the lack of depth can be attributed to the fact that the curriculae in school systems have deteriorated very greatly in the past several years. Math and physics classes have degenerated into lessons in button-punching instead of sitting and having a good think.
Stat Boy
Rikku

Post by Stat Boy »

Tegan wrote:Explain please
The 15-or-so-point first round victory last year was hardly dominating
Adam Marshall,
Walt Whitman '08
Colby '12
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

esoteria wrote:Stop trolling if you are trolling.
Uh, no one was trolling.
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, CEO, co-owner
former PACE member, president, etc.
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
AndyShootsAndyScores
Yuna

Post by AndyShootsAndyScores »

esoteria wrote:-2 = 0 - 2i = 2 (0 - i) = 2 [cos(pi*i) + i sin(pi*i)] = 2 e ^ pi i, so ln(-2) = ln2 + pi * i + 2*pi*k with k is an element of integers.
:w-hat:

Also, who was trolling?
Andy Knowles
Brindlee Mountain, '08
University of Alabama, '12
Auks Ran Ova
Forums Staff: Chief Administrator

Post by Auks Ran Ova »

esoteria wrote:Stop trolling if you are trolling.

The reason for these anomalies is that national competitions like Panasonic really only scratch the surface of material. For example, there was a question on find the volume of Gabriel's horn...if someone is able to answer this within five seconds of the question, a question is raised -- did the person who answered actually know how to do the indefinite integral, or did the persion merely hear about Gabriel's horn in a calculus class and memorized its area for a unit test? A slightly better question may be finding the integral of an expression such as sec^3(x) dx or e^x sinx dx. While it is possible to memorize the solutions, it is better math just to do the parts, then the algebraic manipulation. There is also a lack of other good mathematics questions, for example imaginary numbers. A quality math question might be "Find ln(-2)." This requires the student to realize that -2 = 0 - 2i = 2 (0 - i) = 2 [cos(pi*i) + i sin(pi*i)] = 2 e ^ pi i, so ln(-2) = ln2 + pi * i + 2*pi*k with k is an element of integers. Another good math question would be to find square roots of imaginary numbers, again using one of Euler's theorems to see that e^(n theta) ^ (1/c) = e^ (n theta / c). However, the questions that seem to be asked are the volumes of interesting shapes that may not actually be able to be built. Granted there were some good questions (for example, the line integral one). It'd be great to see more number theory/tougher geometry (e.g. using good math theorems such as Ceva's, Menelaus's), and material that requires the student to use his/her head for critical thinking rather than for memorization. Another example -- conic sections. Students are being given equations and asked whether or not they are parabolae, hyperbolae, ellipses, or circles; this is simply finding the eccentricity. But of the students who can do this, how many actually understand where it comes from and what it means? Perhaps a better question would be to give students a hairy equation and asking them for the equations that would re-orient coordinate axes to make the situation much easier.

Speaking of material depth, we might as well go into other subjects, such as chemistry/physics. As far as chemistry goes, the problems may also be a bit easier -- mostly limiting reagent, Le Chat's, maybe some colligative properties and atomic trends; all this stuff can be memorized, but I believe that it is far more important to understand where they come from. Students should be able to to more complicated problems, combining math concepts, such as differential equations, with reactions. Or at least some slightly complicated redox reactions that can be solved through inspection. Physics, on the other hand, is slightly dismal. Where is Ampere's Law, or Biot-Savart, or even parallel axis or the shell theorem? These, in my opinion, are far more important than happening to know what colours have the smallest wavelength. That can be found by consulting a chart. The expression for the electric field at a point at a given distance from a charged rod, however, can't be found in charts as easily.

Given, some of the lack of depth can be attributed to the fact that the curriculae in school systems have deteriorated very greatly in the past several years. Math and physics classes have degenerated into lessons in button-punching instead of sitting and having a good think.
Without getting into too much depth on whether Panasonic contains any good questions at all (and as far as I know they do not): Quizbowl is a game of factual recall and not a chemistry problem set, confirm/deny?
Rob Carson
University of Minnesota '11, MCTC '??, BHSU forever
Member, ACF
Member emeritus, PACE
Writer and Editor, NAQT
Stained Diviner
Auron

esoteria: Who are you?
David Reinstein
ClemsonQB
Tidus

Post by ClemsonQB »

Ukonvasara wrote:Without getting into too much depth on whether Panasonic contains any good questions at all (and as far as I know they do not): Quizbowl is a game of factual recall and not a chemistry problem set, confirm/deny?
Other than the Map Coloring, Map Pinpointing/Puncturing (with tacks), French movie about Druid rituals and team questions involving the use of microscopes, no, Panasonic does not contain any good questions. :grin:
Last edited by ClemsonQB on Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George Stevens

Dorman High School 2008
Clemson University 2012
First Chairman
Auron

Post by First Chairman »

Unless things have changed, the format for Panasonic does allow more time to solve calculation problems or other application-type questions that standard buzzer-centered competitions do not. Now, the math has to be simple enough to do with well within 60 seconds, and they can't have you prove a theorem in the handout rounds... but there is presumably some element of work that could be involved in the questions.

Not saying I admire those questions... I have not been in a while. Otherwise... translation questions... umm...
Emil Thomas Chuck, Ph.D.
Founder, PACE
Facebook junkie and unofficial advisor to aspiring health professionals in quiz bowl
---
Pimping Green Tea Ginger Ale (Canada Dry)
Tegan
Coach of AHAN Jr.

Post by Tegan »

quizbowlabc wrote: questions involving the actual use of microscopes
When I heard they had "slide" questions, I was picturing players putting little square slides on a light box to see a picture .... but now I think I understand.

I think I would have preferred to assume otherwise. :roll:
Dan Greenstein
Yuna

Post by Dan Greenstein »

So, what were the scores of the games in the second and third semifinals? How did Maryland lose by 2?
Daniel Greenstein
University of Maryland (2000-2004)
Eleanor Roosevelt High School (1998-2000)
kcommo
Wakka

Post by kcommo »

The score in our semifinal was: South Carolina 249, California 224, Oklahoma 189, Wyoming 180, Vermont 165.

Torrey Pines got off to a great start in the first round anf a half, and while Dorman was able to catch them, it was just enough to hold off Oklahoma (which missed the last question) for second place.

As for the 'team with the math person will win' theory, you guys were just about right. Florida got basically all its tossup points on second-round computational math and science questions. They netted 0 points in the third round (I think they didn't buzz in at all, though it might have been 1/1), but with the disparity on the last worksheet, it was almost enough to win anyway.

-Kevin Commo

Edited to add: Tennessee is Ezell-Harding like usual.
Kevin Commo
Coach, Burlington (Vt.) HS
Tournament Director, Vermont-NEA Scholars' Bowl
Director of Staffing and Statistics, International Academic Competitions
ClemsonQB
Tidus

Post by ClemsonQB »

My team netted zero questions in round one, one in round two, one in round three and still managed to come in third, enough said about PAC.
George Stevens

Dorman High School 2008
Clemson University 2012
Maxwell Sniffingwell
Auron

No one broke 200? For comparison,

'07 Illinois - 252
'07 Missouri - 240
'07 Florida - 210
'07 California - 188
1. Illinois - 186
2. Florida -185
3. South Carolina - 165
'07 District of Columbia -148
4. Kentucky - 147
5. Tennessee - 110
'07 Kentucky - 91
6. California - 75
Greg Peterson

Lawrence University '11
Maine South HS '07

Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

Post by Mechanical Beasts »

esoteria wrote:There is also a lack of other good mathematics questions
There's a lack of good math questions in quiz bowl because such a beast does not exist.
esoteria wrote:Perhaps a better question would be to give students a hairy equation and asking them for the equations that would re-orient coordinate axes to make the situation much easier.
You could not do this except for extraordinarily trivial and boring cases in appropriate time.
esoteria wrote:Students should be able to to more complicated problems, combining math concepts, such as differential equations, with reactions.
Show me a high school that teaches reaction kinetics through differential calculus, and then if you must have such crap, it will at least be converted by one school. I won't hold my breath, though.
esoteria wrote:Where is Ampere's Law, or Biot-Savart, or even parallel axis or the shell theorem? These, in my opinion, are far more important than happening to know what colours have the smallest wavelength. That can be found by consulting a chart.
Biot-Savart isn't computationally feasible, and parallel axis is pretty straightforward--it'd get integrated into the canon and then it'd be as irritating as most NAQT math is. Ampere's and shell theorem are both equivalent to or deriveable from Stokes, and that's just dull. These two things are equal, and one is easier to calculate. Woo hoo! (Also, don't look at a chart; visualize a rainbow. Prettier and faster both.)
esoteria wrote:Given, some of the lack of depth can be attributed to the fact that the curriculae in school systems have deteriorated very greatly in the past several years. Math and physics classes have degenerated into lessons in button-punching instead of sitting and having a good think.
omg let's take a break from quiz bowl and do a USAMO proof every seven questions
Andrew Watkins
Maxwell Sniffingwell
Auron

everyday847 wrote:
esoteria wrote:There is also a lack of other good mathematics questions
There's a lack of good math questions in quiz bowl because such a beast does not exist.
I think there are plenty of good math questions in PAC, though - the 60-second time limit and lack of a need for pyramidality makes the math there just fine.
Greg Peterson

Lawrence University '11
Maine South HS '07

Stained Diviner
Auron

Speaking of USAMO Proofs, congrats to Greg Gauthier for making Honorable Mention.
David Reinstein
Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

Post by Mechanical Beasts »

cornfused wrote:I think there are plenty of good math questions in PAC, though - the 60-second time limit and lack of a need for pyramidality makes the math there just fine.
They may be good math questions, but they couldn't be good math quiz bowl questions. They're a different animal, a calculation break.
Andrew Watkins
aestheteboy
Tidus

Post by aestheteboy »

That was my teammate Adam Marshall trolling with a dual account!! Check the IP!! :twisted:
Daichi - Walter Johnson; Vanderbilt; U of Chicago.
Daichi's Law of High School Quizbowl: the frequency of posting in the Quizbowl Resource Center is proportional to the likelihood of being overrated.
BobGHHS
Rikku

Post by BobGHHS »

In pretty much my last official act as coach of GHHS, I want to congratulate Dan on becoming an All-American as well as Greg and the others whose names I didn't write down.
Bob Kilner
Kent State '06 - Boise State '10
Former Coach, Garfield Hts (OH) (2001-08)
Former Coach, Eastlake North HS (OH) (2015-22)

"I'd sooner fail than not be among the greatest." - John Keats
Stat Boy
Rikku

Post by Stat Boy »

Anyone familiar with the level of my interest in math knows the extent of the validity of Daichi's statement. :roll:
Adam Marshall,
Walt Whitman '08
Colby '12
jbarnes112358
Tidus

Post by jbarnes112358 »

ReinsteinD wrote:Speaking of USAMO Proofs, congrats to Greg Gauthier for making Honorable Mention.

ditto for Palmer Mebane of Maggie Walker Governor's School A
aestheteboy
Tidus

Post by aestheteboy »

Anyway, more seriously, I think it's fine that PAC questions suck by quizbowl standard, since it really isn't quizbowl; I wish there were a national championship featuring state all-stars with real quizbowl questions, but I have no reason to expect that PAC be it. I think there are some interesting science and math questions that are only possible because it's not quizbowl. And, buzzer races . . . well, all you have to do is buzz in fast. They are pretty fun once you get used to it. Basically, I'm cool with the fact that of the 52 weekends I have each year, one of them is devoted to a non-quizbowl activity.
The thing with PAC that's more annoying is that they deliberately make it into a show. Everything they do is for theatrical effects, and they shift the focus from the students to the sponsors/the hosts. This particular aspect is the hallmark of bad "academic competition" - think of Chip or any local quiz show. I have no doubt that the individuals behind PAC are great people, but what they do as a group strikes me as pretentious and self-complacent.

With that said, the tournament was pretty exciting (in twisted ways), and if I'm invited next year I will definitely go. After being the driving force behind Maryland's tragic loss in the semifinals for 2 years in a row, I have no choice, really. It's win or seppuku next year.
Daichi - Walter Johnson; Vanderbilt; U of Chicago.
Daichi's Law of High School Quizbowl: the frequency of posting in the Quizbowl Resource Center is proportional to the likelihood of being overrated.
Maxwell Sniffingwell
Auron

jbarnes112358 wrote:
ReinsteinD wrote:Speaking of USAMO Proofs, congrats to Greg Gauthier for making Honorable Mention.

And, jeez, Evan O'Dorney wins the Clay and ties for the high score? This kid is brilliant - 9th grader slash Berkeley student, spelling bee champ - but just a teensy bit awkward.
Greg Peterson

Lawrence University '11
Maine South HS '07

wd4gdz
Tidus

Post by wd4gdz »

cornfused wrote:
jbarnes112358 wrote:

And, jeez, Evan O'Dorney - just a teensy bit awkward.
Watch out Greg: "O'Dorney is also an accomplished pianist. On top of that, he juggles and has earned a tae-kwon-do black belt."

I'll leave you all with a quote:
"Math is neat: A statement is either true or false,” O’Dorney says. “In science, any theory can be overturned by experiment because science is founded on experiment. But in math, there are theorems that can never be overturned because they have been proved with logic.”
Billy Beyer, formerly of FSU
Kechara
Wakka

Post by Kechara »

BobGHHS wrote:In pretty much my last official act as coach of GHHS, I want to congratulate Dan on becoming an All-American as well as Greg and the others whose names I didn't write down.
What about congratulating Dan for being the artist of the day? Or is that the wrong Dan?
Jessie Francis

"Bubbles up"