Georgia 2008-2009

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Re: Georgia 2008-2009

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

Yeah, Mizzou instituted that rule for our Fall Tournament, and presumably all future events. I was personally inspired against that rule after playing against this team.
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

holy poop
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, CEO, co-owner
former PACE member, president, etc.
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
Auroni
Auron

Post by Auroni »

that puts the 9 person "torrey pines" hsnct team to shame.
Auroni Gupta (she/her)
Rountree
Rikku

Post by Rountree »

Interesting discussion, but let's get this back on topic about GA teams. Which GA teams are going to Vandy this fall? The Hooch will be there with 2-3 teams.
Elliott Rountree
Lambert Coach, 2017-present
Buford Coach, 2014-2015
Chattahoochee Coach, 2004-2014
GATA, 2018-present; 2007-2014
ACE, 2000-2013
Andrew's a Freshman
Wakka

Post by Andrew's a Freshman »

Norcross should be on their way to Vandy with our "coach" of two days. Once we set up some funding, which the school has never had a problem with giving us before, we should be good to go to the big 3 (being Brookwood, Walton, and the Hooch) plus Vandy, the Jag Bowl, and whatever SC tournaments we manage to get to in the fall semester.

Go team on 3!
Rountree
Rikku

Post by Rountree »

Since no one has posted in a week, I guess I will start things off. Andrew, it's nice to hear Norcross is still going to make the circuit without Gunnells. Good luck to y'all at Gwinnett County this weekend, and elsewhere during the year.

Ezell looks to have a very solid field this weekend: Danville, duPont, Dunbar, Dorman, Hoover, Johnson Central, MLK, Chattahoochee, and Walton, among several others. Hopefully, GA teams will perform well there. We made it to the finals last year before losing to the "Dormonster" - man are they good! Mr. Huff will have them ready for the speed of Ezell questions and they will be very tough to beat! I don't have any predictions to make for this weekend. I only wish more GA teams could be there, especially the Gwinnett schools and Alpharetta. I guess we will see them next at Walton?!?
Elliott Rountree
Buford Coach, 2014-2015
ACE, 2000-2013
jrbarry
Tidus

Post by jrbarry »

You'll see Brookwood's sorry, underachieving butts at UTC before Walton.

September 20 will see me at Auburn, AL pulling for the LSU Tigers!
J.R. Barry
Retired teacher and former coach
scquizbowl
Wakka

Post by scquizbowl »

James Island was going to go to Ezell-Harding, but it is such a long trip from our part of SC, 10-11 hours from here to Nashville, that we couldn't make it.

We are most likely going to Wofford College, but two of our four will be at a band competition, and we'll most likely have to get some new kids.

Our full team will be there for the Walton tournament, definitely, on Oct. 11.

Wow, what happened to Mr. Gunnells at Norcross? Did he leave the school?

Good field at Ezell-Harding, as I heard. Any of those teams you listed, but especially Dorman, can win. Johnson Central couldn't go because of a unforeseen circumstance.
Joe
James Island '10
Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

Post by Mechanical Beasts »

If this is the same as the Chad Gunnells who has announced a Rabun Gap mirror of the Harvard Fall Tournament, it'd be news to me if he were at Norcross.
Andrew Watkins
ClemsonQB
Tidus

Post by ClemsonQB »

Gunnells coached Norcross prior to his move (for reasons I am unaware of) to Rabun Gap.
George Stevens

Dorman High School 2008
Clemson University 2012
Rountree
Rikku

Post by Rountree »

That's correct George. Gunnells was at Norcross for at least 3 years before moving to Rabun Gap-Nagoochee.

In recent tournament news, Walton beat Chatt A yesterday at Ezell in the semifinals, 300-210. We were the 2 seed by 10 points per game more than Walton, the 3 seed. I thought Walton played well, particularly in Part III, where the most points are. They simply had more speed and knowledge than we did on those last 6-8 questions. I think they got blasted by about 200 points to Dorman A in the finals?!? I was very proud of Chatt B, who pulled off a big upset of duPont A in the Round of 16. We were the 12 seed and they were the 5 seed and had already beaten our B team by 200 points in the prelims. We won on a Tiebreaker, 210-200. Then Dunbar A creamed us in the quarters to play Dorman A in the other semifinal game.

Chattahoochee will likely have 1 team at UTC next weekend, but that is not in stone at all. 2 weeks later at Walton, Chattahoochee will take at least 5 teams it looks like, maybe 6 or 7? Either way, that will be the most we have ever taken to a tournament, so I am eager to hear how they do - I will be in Athens at the UGA-Tennessee game. Go DAWGS! We looked good last night against the Sun Devils.
Elliott Rountree
Buford Coach, 2014-2015
ACE, 2000-2013
jrbarry
Tidus

Post by jrbarry »

Gwinnett County Championship was held on Saturday, Sept 20. 13 of the 15 Gwinnett County Public Schools (largest school system in GA) participated in the varsity division. Brookwood went 7-0 defeating Central Gwinnett by 60 points in the championship match. The tournament used NAQT questions.

Brookwood has now won the GCPS Varsity Championship 11 straight years and 17 of the last 23 years.
J.R. Barry
Rountree
Rikku

Post by Rountree »

Congratulations Mr. Barry and Brookwood! Who else made the playoffs? I assume you had a 4 team single-elimination bracket? Are any Gwinnett schools going to UTC this weekend other than Brookwood?
Elliott Rountree
Buford Coach, 2014-2015
ACE, 2000-2013
AlphaQuizBowler
Tidus

Post by AlphaQuizBowler »

Mr. Barry, do you know if Central Gwinnett is going to Walton?
William
Alpharetta High School '11
Harvard '15
jrbarry
Tidus

Post by jrbarry »

Mr Rountree: thanks.

Mr Horton: I do not know about Central at Walton, but I suspect they will be there. Central Gwinnett is a great quiz bowl program and their teams just get better and better year-in and year-out. GMST won the JV division at County Saturday by a wide margin. If hey practice and play nough, they could be force in State JV this year. I am not usre what division they would play in, however, since they do not have an GHSA classification. I guess the GATA Board might have to decide that.
J.R. Barry
AlphaQuizBowler
Tidus

GSMST playing would definitely make the JV season interesting. I hope they do, because we've all be speculating about them for a long time, and it would be good to see them in action.
William
Harvard '15
Gunnells
Lulu

Post by Gunnells »

At the GCC, Norcross finished 3rd in varsity. They drew Brookwood in prelims and the loss pushed them down to the #4 seed where they played Brookwood again. Norcross actually managed more tossups than Brookwood in the rematch, but lost on bonuses (a bugaboo over the past few years for the program).
NHS settled for 3rd without ever playing Central. Central was second, and Grayson took fourth.

At JV, Norcross finished second to the Magnet School. Duluth played someone for 3rd, but I'm not sure who or of the outcome.

I was at Norcross for six years, the last two on a less involved volunteer basis.
Everyone is still invited to Rabun Gap.
Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School
late of Norcross
Rountree
Rikku

Post by Rountree »

Chattahoochee is sending a team to UTC this weekend after all, albeit on an "unofficial" basis (a la Alabama). 4 of our top players were able to go thanks to a kind parent, so it made sense to send a team that will be playing in Division 1. I look forward to hearing how the tournament goes; we had a good time last year! I haven't seen a updated field recently, but it was pretty strong last year and I am sure it will be the same again. Good luck to everyone going.
Elliott Rountree
Buford Coach, 2014-2015
ACE, 2000-2013
jrbarry
Tidus

Post by jrbarry »

Three GA teams came in 2-3-4 at UTC on Saturday, Sept 27. Way to represent, Chattahoochee, Walton, and Brookwood.
J.R. Barry
Rountree
Rikku

Post by Rountree »

I concur Mr. Barry. Well done by the GA teams at UTC. Those 3 schools you mentioned are the best in GA 5A this year I believe, so it is awesome to see them doing so well at other tournaments across the SE. Walton finished 2nd and Chattahoochee 3rd at Ezell Harding the week before. Of course, all 3 haven't been able to slow down the Dorman machine, but it might happen this year?!? Again, congrats to all the teams at UTC this past weekend. On a related side note, the finals did NOT end by 10pm, as my team called me right after the Championship match and that was after 10:30pm. My players got back to the high school around 1:15am - they had a great time but that is ridiculous!
Elliott Rountree
Buford Coach, 2014-2015
ACE, 2000-2013
AlphaQuizBowler
Tidus

Walton is this weekend, and I know I'm hoping that Alpharetta can face Brookwood or Chattahoochee, as we didn't have an opportunity at the Alabama tournament. What I wanted to point out, though, is that there are some teams that haven't been seen at many tournaments. For example, how will Westminster, who was state champion in their class last year, do? And how good is Northview? I think that because of the field size, this tournament will provide a fairly clear picture of Georgia quizbowl (albeit with some Dorman and JI in the mix as well).
William
Harvard '15
Rountree
Rikku

Post by Rountree »

William, it will be hard for you, and many other teams, not to play Chattahoochee on Saturday as we will have 6 teams competing. That is our largest number of teams at one tournament ever. (Incredibly, we almost had enough for a 7th team, but we fell 1 player short.) I think that the NAQT A set will definitely play to fast teams' favor this weekend. However, since there are bounce-backs on bonuses, team's with deeper knowledge should be rewarded, which could help balance out the easier tossups. If they don't use bounce-backs for some reason, then speed will be the name of the game all day. I predict at least a couple of GA teams will make the top 4, although I don't know which teams that will be. Probably 2 of the usual suspects.

I agree that it will be good to see some of the local teams that have been missing in action so far this year. Good luck to everyone going to Walton this weekend!
Elliott Rountree
Buford Coach, 2014-2015
ACE, 2000-2013
Rountree
Rikku

Post by Rountree »

"I predict at least a couple of GA teams will make the top 4, although I don't know which teams that will be. Probably 2 of the usual suspects."
I promise I am not clairvoyant, but I had a really good feeling about my own team and others from GA at this tournament. I am not surprised that Brookwood and Chattahoochee played for the Championship. What surprised me was how awesomely competitive the last 3 games were - all 3 decided by 10 points each. I don't remember that ever happening at a tournament. That must have been awesome to watch. Congrats to Brookwood on their tournament win and to all the other teams who were at Walton this weekend.
Elliott Rountree
Buford Coach, 2014-2015
ACE, 2000-2013
AlphaQuizBowler
Tidus

Well, Alpharetta didn't get to play Brookwood or Chattahoochee (no, not any of the 6 teams), and had the great luck of playing Dorman in the round of 16. Oh well. Thanks to Walton for running the tournament; most of the complaints I had were about the set and not the logistics.
William
Harvard '15
hookemhorns10
Lulu

Post by hookemhorns10 »

Thank you, Mr. Rountree. Chattahoochee played an amazing match, and it was extremely unfortunate that the final was decided with some disgustingly obscure, random 3rd-part of a bonus (belly-dancing unions, seriously?). It was good to see Austin playing with the team -- he's really good and makes for a great combo with Wes. I look forward to more epic clashes with Hooch over the year.

Beside being the most dramatic tournament in which I've ever played, Walton's tournament was not very telling about the Georgia/Southeast quizbowl scene. With 8 divisions, many of the better teams did not have the opportunity to play each other. We did not play many of the teams we had hoped to, but that's a minor quibble. Obviously the A set rewarded speed over deeper knowledge the whole day. Oh, and Dorman is still in a class by themselves, no matter the outcome of our match.

I think the most important thing I gleaned from this tournament was that there is indeed a sense of community in the Georgia/Southeast quizbowl circuit this year. More so than any year I've been involved, I see players from different teams talking to one another during breaks rather than sitting in isolation with their own respective teams. This is the first year I can truly say that I know quite a few players as individuals...not just "that science major on team X." I believe ACE Camp has played a big role in this. Kudos to players like Wes Austin and Rafe Haddox for going out of their way to bridge gaps between other players and teams. I think the friendly competition I have seen so far is likely to grow only stronger over the year and foster a more enjoyable atmosphere at future tournaments.
Arvind Sekar
Brookwood '09
Snellville, GA
AlphaQuizBowler
Tidus

Looking at the playoff results from Walton, there are some surprises. Centennial made it to the round of 8; they could do well this year. Northview made round of 16 by beating Norcross. Will they be at Brookwood?

EDIT: And did the top 16 at Walton really qualify for HSNCT like the NAQT website said? I don't think there were that many teams.
William
Harvard '15
Rountree
Rikku

Post by Rountree »

Centennial routinely has a strong program. William, you remember Harrison from the past 2 years - he was very good and they came in 2nd at State JV 2 years ago. They are good again and will probably improve as the year goes along. Northview is bringing 3 teams to the CATT 4 on December 13th. In fact, we are trying to get all the north Fulton schools and all the top GA high schools to attend the CATT this year. Hopefully, that will happen. Walton, Brookwood, Alpharetta, Northview, and Centennial are already signed up!

As for the Walton tournament, it was a great final 3 matches from what I heard. It was truly unfortunate to have the final bonus of the final question of the final match come down to knowing something about belly-dancing unions, but that is what you get with NAQT sometimes so you won't hear any complaints from us. My team performed extremely well and I am very proud of them. Prior to this year, we had never made the Finals at Walton. I am sure we will see Brookwood many more times this year (at least I hope we do)!

Arvind, I also agree that ACE has helped bring many players/teams closer together. That sense of camaraderie you develop during ACE Camp often carries into the season and is a really cool thing to witness as a Coach and former ACE camper.
Elliott Rountree
Buford Coach, 2014-2015
ACE, 2000-2013
Rountree
Rikku

Post by Rountree »

No one has posted on our thread in a week! This fact begs the question: Is GA quiz bowl salvageable?

Let's get some posts going people! I see Walton, Brookwood, Grayson, and the Hooch will be at the 36th ABC this weekend in Nashville? Where are Alpharetta, Central, etc. at?
Elliott Rountree
Buford Coach, 2014-2015
ACE, 2000-2013
AlphaQuizBowler
Tidus

elrountree wrote:This fact begs the question: Is GA quiz bowl salvageable?
GA quiz bowl is salvageable. I think Georgia has one of the largest middle school circuits of any state. I think where Georgia falls behind is converting from middle school to high school quizbowl. Where do players on middle school powers like Chamblee, Duluth, and River Trail go? It's been encouraging to see schools like Westminster, Roswell, and Centennial at tournaments this year, and I think that Georgia quizbowl is improving. I think that an important thing for Georgia quizbowl is to promote this board. From going on this board (probably too much), I learned about good quizbowl, where good tournaments are, and where good questions can be found. If more of the great middle school players I faced could do that, Georgia would have some new competitive teams fairly quickly.

Like Mr. Roundtree said, Alpharetta won't be at Vanderbilt, and unfortunately we've heard the set being used at JV Jaguar Bowl, so out next tournament will be the HFT mirror on Nov. 15. Hopefully we'll get a chance to face Chattahoochee this tournament. I'm really looking forward to it; the set should be good, and the field is tough.

EDIT: Not catching (obvious) Internet sarcasm has got me again. Anyway, take this post seriously, just not as a response to Mr. Roundtree's question.
Last edited by AlphaQuizBowler on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
William
Harvard '15

That comment was clearly made in jest.
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
AlphaQuizBowler
Tidus

OK, I see that now. Well, I guess I just have been wanting to say something about improving the Georgia circuit anyway, so I did. I am serious, though, that we could have more competitive teams even if the current ones are great.
William
Harvard '15
AlphaQuizBowler
Tidus

Congratulations to Chattahoochee and Brookwood on their performances at Vanderbilt. I guess I'll ask the question: at this point, which team is better? It's looking like they won't play each other for a while, as Brookwood's going to Harvard and then won't compete at their own tournament.
William
Harvard '15
jrbarry
Tidus

Post by jrbarry »

Chattahoochee is CLEARLY better than Brookwood this year. The leaning-toward-senilty Brookwood coach cannot even determine who their A team actually is.

Put your money on the 'Hooch with Brookwood only an outside chance at coming in top 4 at 5A State.
J.R. Barry
AlphaQuizBowler
Tidus

jrbarry wrote:Put your money on the 'Hooch with Brookwood only an outside chance at coming in top 4 at 5A State.
I think that's a bit exaggerated, Mr. Barry (maybe you meant it to be). Based on Brookwood's stats and finishes this year, I don't think I could name 4 teams in the state that are better at this point. You smoked Central Gwinnett at Walton. I haven't seen Walton play this year, but even if they could beat you, Brookwood would still finish in the top 3. Brookwood is the only team, as far as I know, that has beaten Dorman A this year, albeit on an A-set. You guys can't be that bad.

Maybe this will be like last year and Mr. Roundtree will post saying how Brookwood is the top team right now.
William
Harvard '15

Dorman A lost to Blake and Wilmignton Charter A, I believe

grashid
Lulu

Post by grashid »

AlphaQuizBowler wrote:
jrbarry wrote:Put your money on the 'Hooch with Brookwood only an outside chance at coming in top 4 at 5A State.
I think that's a bit exaggerated, Mr. Barry (maybe you meant it to be).
Welcome to the Georgia thread William !
g. rashid Walton 09
"After a few minutes of conversation, Ehrenfest remarked "I think I like your papers better than you," to which Pauli shot back "I think I like you better than your papers." The two became very good friends from then on."
Rountree
Rikku

Post by Rountree »

William, Mr. Barry was indeed being facetious and hyperbolic. Mr. Barry's gamesmanship is always meant to be taken in a good, clean competitive spirit. In fact, he taught me (almost) everything I know about it. What he conveniently forgets to mention in his post is that his team is undefeated (2-0) against Chattahoochee this year. (By the way, Walton also has a winning record (2-1) against the Hooch this year.)

It would certainly appear that Chattahoochee has little hope of repeating as State Champs this year; we might not even send a team for fear of being humiliated by those 2 super-powers. If we do decide to attend State this year, it would probably be analogous to the Ethiopians trying to stop the Italians prior to WWII - horses and arrows are little match for heavy artillery and guns. We are simply over-matched and over-whelmed by their superior talent and speed.
Elliott Rountree
Buford Coach, 2014-2015
ACE, 2000-2013
Rountree
Rikku

Post by Rountree »

Walton folk: I am sorry y'all were not able to make it to Vandy this year. As usual, it was a very good tournament with lots of games and solid competition. I heard that there was a car accident involving Mr. Edelstein and some others; is everyone OK? Hopefully so!

I am assuming we will see y'all (and many other GA teams) at Rabun Gap-Nacoochee and Brookwood in the not-too-distant future?!?

Best of luck to everyone going to the JV Jag Bowl this weekend at Cedar Shoals - the Hooch will be there with 2-3 teams.
Elliott Rountree
Buford Coach, 2014-2015
ACE, 2000-2013
grashid
Lulu

Post by grashid »

elrountree wrote: I am assuming we will see y'all (and many other GA teams) at Rabun Gap-Nacoochee and Brookwood in the not-too-distant future?!?

Best of luck to everyone going to the JV Jag Bowl this weekend at Cedar Shoals - the Hooch will be there with 2-3 teams.
Thank you for your concern, Mr. Rountree.

Unfortunately, we won't be at Rabun or Cedar Shoals. Hopefully, we can make Brookwood.
g. rashid Walton 09
"After a few minutes of conversation, Ehrenfest remarked "I think I like your papers better than you," to which Pauli shot back "I think I like you better than your papers." The two became very good friends from then on."
ClemsonQB
Tidus

Post by ClemsonQB »

GARBAGE DAY 425 wrote:Dorman A lost to Blake and Wilmignton Charter A, I believe
I think they lost to State College as well, although I think they finished 2-1 against them on the day.
George Stevens

Dorman High School 2008
Clemson University 2012
Rountree
Rikku

Post by Rountree »

George is correct. I believe Dorman A has only lost 4 games all year; 3 of them were at the same tournament, the other being against Brookwood in the Semifinals of Walton.
Elliott Rountree
Buford Coach, 2014-2015
ACE, 2000-2013
AlphaQuizBowler
Tidus

Does anyone know what happened at Cedar Shoals JV? You guys told me before the season that I was overestimating Central Gwinnett, but from the game results, at least, they look impressive (beating Chattahoochee A and Norcross). And where did Lakeside come from? I guess they're 4A, so I didn't see them at states last year. It looks like Chattahoochee also has good JV teams this year.
William
Harvard '15
Andrew's a Freshman
Wakka

Post by Andrew's a Freshman »

We didn't end up playing Lakeside or either Chattahoochee team. Because of the prelim bracket (and because Norcross was originally put in as Chattahoochee C) one bracket was much harder than the other two with, in my opinion, 4 of some of the top teams at the tournament, and I would say that put them all at a small disadvantage going into the playoffs. I can't complain since we would have had to play Central Gwinnet at some point otherwise, but I would say that had an affect on the seeding and on the final standings.

Going into the last question in our quarterfinal match against Central it was tied and they came through. From what I remember they were strong on lit. and were well coached which stood out when 4-5 of them would buzz simultaneously on big clues.
Norcross High School '11
Northwestern University '15
Rountree
Rikku

Post by Rountree »

Lakeside was indeed the strongest JV team present from what I heard. They went undefeated, and none of their games were decied by less than 50 points I believe.

William, Chattahoochee's JV teams have a LONG way to go before I would call them "good." Their crazy coach didn't even know who should be on which team since the "B" team defeated the "A" team - what a lunatic! Or, maybe it's that the Hooch sophomores think they are much better than they actually are? Or, maybe the Hooch freshmen are working harder than the sophomores? Hmmm, those are interesting questions.
Elliott Rountree
Buford Coach, 2014-2015
ACE, 2000-2013
Gunnells
Lulu

Post by Gunnells »

Lakeside JV was a step ahead of everyone else at the Jaguar Bowl. Norcross had some spotty results. I haven't seen this year's JV in competition yet, but I would guesss they have + speed and average depth of knowledge (for good teams). Central has an excellent JV squad. They were the best of the 5A teams I saw in person, but the two Chattahoochee teams are not far behind. Any of those four could beat the others in any given match. Brookwood could also be thrown in there, despite their coach's protestations. He is always able to get at least a couple of players on board. He'll work with whoever buys in and replace the lazy ones with freshmen, and the team will likely improve more than most over the course of the season.
Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School
late of Norcross
AlphaQuizBowler
Tidus

The Harvard Mirror gives us an interesting perspective on GA quizbowl this year. It’s unfortunate that Norcross couldn’t come, but besides them and Brookwood, who went to Boston, the contenders for the top spots at Varsity State were there and got to play each other. From what I saw on Saturday, I think States could be very interesting. Walton beat Chattahoochee A and then lost to them (and, barring Chatt B beating Chatt A, they must have played again). We beat Chattahoochee A and then lost to them. I also didn’t expect Andy on Walton to be so good, but he got most of the science questions. All in all, it looks like Walton and Chattahoochee and, from looking at other tournaments, Brookwood are pretty close to one another at this point, while I would put Alpharetta below those 3.
William
Harvard '15
Terrible Shorts Depot
Yuna

Post by Terrible Shorts Depot »

After having played (and lost badly to) Brookwood B yesterday, I can say with certainty that Brookwood is really good. If I remember correctly, their A team was able to do win a game of two in a very competitive top bracket.
Charlie Rosenthal
Shady Side Academy '09
Carleton College '13
University of Pennsylvania '18
Rountree
Rikku

Post by Rountree »

Brookwood is indeed the best team in GA right now, but the Hooch and Walton are not far behind.

CHS defeated Walton 2 out of 3 games this past weekend at the Harvard Mirror at Rabun Gap. The first 2 games, which were split between the 2 teams, were decided by 80 points or less, while the last game was a blowout (around 150+ points). CHS A and Walton were fairly evenly matched throughout the day I thought.

Alpharetta beat both CHS A (by one question) and CHS B (by 3 questions) in the prelims, but lost to both CHS A (by about 200 points) and B (by 2 questions) in the playoffs. Interesting results to say the least.

It was a totally different kind of tournament once the Harvard playoff questions were used instead of the prelim packets. Apparently that worked to our advantage as CHS A went undefeated in the playoffs and CHS B only lost to Walton (twice).

I am really looking forward to seeing those same teams this weekend at Brookwood - it is always one of our favorite tournaments of the year.
Elliott Rountree
Buford Coach, 2014-2015
ACE, 2000-2013
Ben_Dodson
Lulu

Post by Ben_Dodson »

Emory University is rebuilding their academic team for the Spring Season. We might consider hosting a small high school tournament during the spring or possibly next fall. If we were to host a tournament, which schools would be interested in attending and what weekend would be best for you? Thank you!

Emory '12
Norcross '08
jrbarry
Tidus

Post by jrbarry »

Is the low number of teams signed up for UGA on Saturday an indication of anything important? Normally we(Brookwood) would have had several teams at UGA, but conflicts way more than usual cut us to one team.
J.R. Barry