Fall Novice Tournament 2010 - Open Call for Writers

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

Fall Novice Tournament 2010 - Open Call for Writers

Post by Mechanical Beasts »

Charlie Dees and I would like to announce that we're going to be heading up a Fall Novice project once more. Originally, we'd planned on finding all three of our editors for this edition before posting publicly; whenever we found a third, our first or second would inevitably come up with a conflict. So this is an open call both for interested editors and writers: you will be added to the Fall Novice forum and discussion will proceed there. This is particularly important if you're interested in editing: we currently need at least one more chief editor. If you think you're qualified to edit, or if you want to write, email me at [email protected]

This tournament will be made available to hosts on September 15th, 2010. We haven't set up a bid system yet, but we will soon and it will be posted in this thread.

Again, apologies to the community that we waited to get this rolling, but I have every confidence that this set will be every bit as successful as the first.

EDIT: I should mention that we're primarily looking for this tournament to be edited and written by students who are at most rising college freshmen--particularly our editors--but we're flexible and won't turn down help if it seems we'll need it.
Andrew Watkins
Connie Prater
Lulu

Re: Fall Novice Tournament 2010 - Open Call for Writers

Post by Connie Prater »

Since you have announced that you are absorbing the charity event, I'm wondering if those writers (and the assignments they were told to write by the 26th) still stand.
Connie Tzeng
Chattahoochee High School 2006-2010
UChicago 2010-2014
Cat Mom 2016-
PACE
Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

La Maga wrote:Since you have announced that you are absorbing the charity event, I'm wondering if those writers (and the assignments they were told to write by the 26th) still stand.
If the charity event writers want to give us the questions they've written, that's great, but that's 100% their responsibility: they should email me like everyone else saying that they're interested in writing. Those pre-existing assignments won't carry over (though no one will complain if you'll have some questions done early).
Andrew Watkins
Joshua Rutsky
Tidus

Post by Joshua Rutsky »

Hoover would love to mirror this event during the 6th Hoover Invitational (10/30/2010) in Alabama as part of our tournament. Is there any update on the request/bid process yet?
Joshua Rutsky
VP for Curriculum and Camp Operations, Qwiz
ASCA Board Member
Hoover High School Coach (Retired)
Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

Joshua Rutsky wrote:Hoover would love to mirror this event during the 6th Hoover Invitational (10/30/2010) in Alabama as part of our tournament. Is there any update on the request/bid process yet?
Not yet; we've got to determine who our bid coordinator is this year, and officially whoever he or she is, that position has final say on what we require in bids. But I would be surprised if anything were to change meaningfully from last year.
Andrew Watkins