2015 NASAT: Errata

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Cody
2008-09 Male Athlete of the Year

2015 NASAT: Errata

Post by Cody »

Please post any errata that you remember from NASAT in this thread, so it can be fixed before future mirrors. I’ll keep a running list of things that have been addressed in this post.
  • R9 - Charleston is not the capital of South Carolina
  • R13 - “Engage” is used in the prompt for “engagement”
  • R15 - “jazz-fusion” piece is used in the first bonus prompt while “fusion jazz” is an answerline to the third part
  • R13 B12 - The first note in the horn passage is an F, not an F-flat, so it should read: F, D-flat, C, B-flat.
Last edited by Cody on Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cody Voight, VCU ’14.
Eddie
Rikku

Re: 2015 NASAT: Errata

Post by Eddie »

Something that I should have caught during proofreading, but:
Round 13, Bonus 12 wrote: This piece begins with horns playing a unison descending F-flat, D-flat, C, B-flat, and includes a second-movement Andantino semplice in the mediant key of D-flat major. For 10 points each:
The first note in the horn passage is an F, not an F-flat, so it should read: F, D-flat, C, B-flat.
Eddie
he/him/his/hine
UCSD, UCLA
1992 in spaceflight
Auron

Post by 1992 in spaceflight »

Something I should have caught before packetizing, but the PRI bonus in packet 19 (bonus 21) says "pretty much ruled interrupted." Interrupted should be uninterrupted.

EDIT: Added the packet and bonus number.
Jacob O'Rourke
Washington (MO) HS Assistant Coach (2014-Present); MOQBA Secretary (2015-Present)
Formerly: AQBL Administrator (2020-2023); HSAPQ Host Contact; NASAT Outreach Coordinator (2016 and 2017); Kirksville HS Assistant Coach (2012-2014); Truman State '14; and Pacific High (MO) '10

Like MOQBA on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!
Amizda Calyx
Forums Staff: Moderator

Post by Amizda Calyx »

The bonus on "blastocyst" should also accept "blastula" and "embryoblast" (even though technically they're not *really* equivalent, enough HS books say they are that they should probably be acceptable).

The tossup on "dark" should accept "day turning into night" and "light turning into dark".

I probably should edit the tropism tossup a little.
Joelle Smart
Ellensburg High School, 2006–10
University of Washington, 2010–14
Rutgers University, 2015–20??
PACE
HSAPQ biology editor, 2014–2017

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Eddie
Rikku

Post by Eddie »

There's a feng shui problem / repeat in Rounds 7 and 8.
Round 7, Bongus 3 wrote: [10] This leader of the Seven against Thebes escapes the war by riding on the immortal horse Arion. Later, it is prophesied that the Epigoni cannot take Thebes until the death of this man.
Round 8, Bongus 7 wrote: [10] Poseidon is the father of Arion, an immortal, talking variety of this animal, four of which are owned by the giant Diomedes.
If you are paying attention during Round 7, you can remember the answer to Round 8. Both of these were my questions; I apologize for not catching this when I wrote them.
Eddie
he/him/his/hine
UCSD, UCLA
Muriel Axon
Tidus

Post by Muriel Axon »

In my bonus part on journalists in film, I said that Ranse Stoddard was a journalist in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance. I got the names mixed up; Dutton Peabody is the journalist. It may well be moot now, but it would be nice to correct this before the set is posted (and I suspect just editing it in QEMS2 wouldn't fix what's in the final packets).
Shan Kothari

Plymouth High School '10
Michigan State University '14
University of Minnesota '20
Stained Diviner
Auron

Post by Stained Diviner »

Please archive this thread.
David Reinstein
Head Writer and Editor for Scobol Solo, Masonics, and IESA; TD for Scobol Solo and Reinstein Varsity; IHSSBCA Board Member; IHSSBCA Chair (2004-2014); PACE President (2016-2018)