MEMES I @ Scripps Ranch HS (San Diego, CA - 12/16/17)

Dormant threads from the middle school section are preserved here.
joonhyuk.lee
Kimahri

MEMES I @ Scripps Ranch HS (San Diego, CA - 12/16/17)

Post by joonhyuk.lee »

Scripps Ranch Quizbowl is pleased to announce MEMES (Marvelous Exhibition of Mortal Educational Strife) I, a middle-school NAQT tournament using the MS-24 set.

DATE/TIME: MEMES will take place on December 16th, 2017. Registration begins at 8:00 AM, and rounds will begin at 9:00 AM. We expect the tournament to run until approximately 6:00 PM, including finals.

LOCATION: MEMES will take place on the campus of Scripps Ranch High School, located at 10410 Falcon Way, San Diego, CA 92131. Room locations TBA. A logistics email with room locations + campus map will be sent out 2 weeks before the tournament.

REGISTRATION: Registration for MEMES has been closed (we have reached our cap of 36 teams), but you may register a team for the waitlist using this form: https://goo.gl/forms/ohh7Fz4ceOFt5suJ3

PRICING:
$70 for first team
$60 for subsequent teams

DISCOUNTS:
$40 per new team (entire team comprised of students who have never played pyramidal quizbowl before)
$10 per competent moderator that provides their own computer
$5 per buzzer set
$5 per 50 miles traveled, one-way via Google Maps (from your school to SRHS)

TOURNAMENT FORMAT: Each round will be untimed rounds of 20 questions with tiebreakers. Field cap is 36 teams (6 brackets of 6 with rebracketing). Question set is MS-24 (regular difficulty, NAQT). Top 15% of field will qualify for the NAQT MSNCT held on May 11-13, 2018 in Rosemont, IL.

FOOD: There are multiple food plazas within 10-15 min walking distance. Vegetarian options are available. Light breakfast will be provided during registration.

Please email [email protected] with any inquiries.
Joonhyuk Lee
Scripps Ranch