NAQT Collegiate Novice @ Jefferson CC (Louisville, KY) on 10/12/2019

Old college threads.
prodski
Lulu

NAQT Collegiate Novice @ Jefferson CC (Louisville, KY) on 10/12/2019

Post by prodski »

Jefferson Community & Technical College in Louisville Kentucky is pleased to announce we will be hosting a mirror of NAQT's Collegiate Novice set on Saturday, October 12, 2019.

Eligibility
Any Community College is automatically eligible to attend. We ask that 4-year schools limit their players to those in either their first or second year of collegiate competition. I reserve the right to prohibit any individual from playing this tournament on the basis of skill or experience. We want this to be an enjoyable tournament for everyone.

Registration
If you plan on attending this tournament, please e-mail me at peter.rodski AT kctcs.edu. In the e-mail include a phone number at which a member of your team can be contacted on the day of the tournament. Posting in this thread is NOT sufficient for signing up. I will send you a confirmation email and further info if requested (hotel info, ect). Or register at the NAQT link: https://www.naqt.com/registration/field ... t_id=10853

Logistics
We will be using NAQT set 186C. The tournament will take place on the DT Campus of Jefferson Community & Technical College, in the Health Science Building. Parking will be ample and free. Awards for top teams and individual players. Lunch WILL be provided (as well as morning refreshments – coffee, juice, doughnuts, ect). Registration will begin at 8AM ET, with the tournament to start (hopefully) at 9AM (Eastern Time). Campus map and directions here: https://jefferson.kctcs.edu/about/campu ... ampus.aspx

Fees
Base Fee: $80 per team
Buzzer Discount: -$5 per complete, working buzzer system
Travel Discount: -$10 per 200 miles traveled round trip
Multiple Team Discount: -$10 for each additional team ($70 for 2nd team, $60 for 3rd team...)

There is a minimum fee of $50 dollars per team.

Please bring cash or make checks payable to the "Southwest Academic Team of JCTC." We also can take paypal as well if that is more convenient.

Field (7)
Jefferson CC A
Jefferson CC B
Jefferson CC C
East Central
Indiana University
Cumberlands A
Cumberlands B

Any other questions feel free to email me.
Last edited by prodski on Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peter Rodski
Professor of Mathematics
CCCT Champions 2016
Jefferson Community & Technical College
Louisville, KY. 40272
prodski
Lulu

Re: NAQT Collegiate Novice @ Jefferson CC (Louisville, KY) on 10/12/2019

Post by prodski »

Hey everyone,

We are up to 7 teams for Saturday's tournament and once we hit 10 we will likely close the field. Watch for an email today and final email later in the week. Looking forward to a great tournament.

Peter
Peter Rodski
Professor of Mathematics
CCCT Champions 2016
Louisville, KY. 40272
prodski
Lulu

Re: NAQT Collegiate Novice @ Jefferson CC (Louisville, KY) on 10/12/2019

Post by prodski »

Thanks to everyone who came out to our tournament today! In a highly competitive tournament, Jefferson Gold edged out Indiana University on the 3rd agreed upon tie-breaker (PPB - 15.09 vs. 15.00). Both teams finished 9-1 and split the head to head match-up. Sorry to IU for not playing 1 more round, but at the CC level it's tough with some of my players working the night shift, ect. And after 10 rounds at 4:30 we just couldn't go one more - hopefully we'll see you again. I hope the free taco bar at lunch made up for it. Also making the top bracket were East Central CC and Jefferson Blue. Top scorer was Joe Tankersly of Indiana University (92.14 PPG), followed by Jeremy Robey of East Central (88.32 PPG) and CJ Oliver of Cumberlands (77.14 PPG). Special thanks to Andrew Wolfe of Cumberlands and Justin Hawkins of IU in helping staff - I couldn't have done it without you when we ended up adding a room for 8 teams at the last minute.

Stats for prelims: https://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/5 ... s/prelims/
Stats for all games: https://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/5 ... all_games/
Peter Rodski
Professor of Mathematics
CCCT Champions 2016
Louisville, KY. 40272