- Each game shall consist of two halves of ten tossups each, with each correct tossup followed by a three-part bonus.
- Correct tossup answers are ten points each, with an additional five-point “Power” for correct answers given prior to a pre-determined point in a tossup. All tossups are five seconds, and there are no math computation tossups.
- A five-point penalty for interrupting the moderator during the tossup with an incorrect answer to the first interruption of a given question.
- The team that receives the bonus will have five seconds to answer each part. The moderator will prompt after four seconds. Bonus parts will NOT rebound. Each bonus part shall be ten points each.
- In the event a game is tied after regulation, additional tossups shall be read until the next change in score.
- Each team shall have one 30 second timeout per half. Substitutions, scorechecks, and team conferences may occur at the half, prior to overtime, or during any timeout called by either team. A scorecheck other than at halftime or end of regulation will require the use of a team’s timeout.)
- Teams rosters shall be limited to seven players; schools are encouraged to bring junior varsity and “B” teams to compete. Four players per team shall play at a time; teams may play with fewer than four players, but we ask that teams have at least two players. Rosters shall be submitted in advance and finalized at registration the morning of the tournament. Players may not change teams during the tournament.
We have set an initial field limit of 24 teams; this may expand depending on staff availability. Additional teams will be placed on a waitlist and contacted should an opening occur.
We plan to start the team meeting at 8:40 a.m., with the first round set for 8:55 a.m. and afternoon rounds slated to begin at 1:15 p.m. With the exception of any playoff games for trophies, we anticipate the last game ending around 4 p.m.
Fee structure is as follows, per school:
First team from each school: $70
Additional teams from each school: $60
Discount for New Teams: $20
Discount for travelling more than 100 miles each way (determined by Google Maps): $10
Discount for providing a working buzzer set: $5
Discount for providing a competent moderator: $10
Discounts may be multiplied but minimum fee of $50 per team. All discounts are subject to the discretion of tournament officials.
The event will be held at PA Leadership Charter School's AIC Campus 1585 Paoli Pike West Chester PA 19380, between 352 and Boot Road. There are lunch options within walking distance.
To register for this tournament, please visit https://forms.gle/2kuc4gstNTpjCici6. Questions concerning the tournament may be directed to either Albert Sommar at [email protected]. Please include “2020 PALI” in the subject line.
We look forward to seeing you at PA Leadership on January 25th.