SUN at Toronto (3/8/2020)

This forum is for tournament announcements, updates, and results (official or otherwise).
cwasims
Lulu

SUN at Toronto (3/8/2020)

Post by cwasims »

I am pleased to announce that the Southern Ontario site of Spring Undergraduate Novice will be held at the University of Toronto on Sunday, March 8, 2020. The tournament will take place at Sidney Smith Hall, 100 St. George St., with team check-in beginning at 9:30am in SS 2101 and gameplay beginning at or before 10:00am. Joshua Lane will be the tournament director for this tournament, and he can be contacted at [email protected]. Please note that there will be a mirror of this tournament at Carleton University in Ottawa the following weekend if that is more convenient for your team.

Eligibility
This tournament will be closed and will have stricter-than-normal eligibility requirements. I will preliminarily say that players who had an individual PPG of 40 or higher at ACF Fall or 30 PPG or higher at EFT are ineligible, although I am willing to grant exemptions on a case-by-case basis. I will also evaluate players who played neither of these tournaments on a case-by-case basis.

Registration
Please email me at [email protected] to register your team. Given the eligibility requirements and the existence of another Canadian mirror, I will cap the field at 10 teams.

Field
Toronto x3
McMaster
Waterloo
Toronto Scholars x2
Oakville Scholars

Fees
All fees are given in Canadian dollars.
  • Base fee: $125
  • New to Quiz Bowl discount*: -$25
  • Shorthanded discount: -$10 per player
  • Buzzers: –$10 per functional system
  • Staffers: –$10 per staffer with functional laptop
  • Travel: –$10 per 200 km traveled one-way
Please pay by e-transfer to [email protected] or by cash on the day-of.

Teams claim the New to Quiz Bowl discount if their school did not attend any of NAQT Collegiate, ACF Fall, or D2 SCT in the 2018-19 competition year.

I hope to see many of you in Toronto in March!
Christopher Sims
University of Toronto 2T0
Northwestern University 2020 - ?