Where Are You Going Next Year? (Collegiate 2021)

Elaborate on the merits of specific tournaments or have general theoretical discussion here.
Aaron's Rod
Sec. of Cursed Images, Chicago SJW Cabal

Re: Where Are You Going Next Year? (Collegiate 2021)

Post by Aaron's Rod »

To add on to my previous post, I am now assistant choir director at a church in Chicago, which effectively and indefinitely obliterates my ability to staff a full weekend of quizbowl (as there are both Saturday evening and Sunday morning commitments). If you're ever kinda busy on a weekend and you want to staff half of a quizbowl tournament, either in the Chicago area or online—and you have complete flexibility about what half that is—please let me know and we can split it up. (I'm actually doing this on Saturday at Regionals, which prompted my post.)

This is a very bittersweet life transition for me! I'll still fulfill one or two quizbowl commitments that I made before all of this.

EDIT: I am still a full-time data scientist as well.
Alex D.
ACF
http://tinyurl.com/qbmisconduct

"You operate at a shorter wavelength and higher frequency than most human beings." —Victor Prieto
Gen. Winfield Scott Hancock
Wakka

Re: Where Are You Going Next Year? (Collegiate 2021)

Post by Gen. Winfield Scott Hancock »

I’m now living in Arlington, Virginia for my new job with the National Park Service. I won’t really be available on weekends to staff things, but if you’re in the DC area and would like some advice on setting up/running a high school or college club or on outreach things, feel free to reach out to me. Happy to help where I can.
Ryan Bilger
Emmaus '15, Gettysburg '19, West Virginia '21
National Park Service

"I never saved anything for the swim back." - Vincent Freeman, Gattaca