2022 Chicago Open

Old college threads.
Aaron's Rod
Sec. of Cursed Images, Chicago SJW Cabal

2022 Chicago Open

Post by Aaron's Rod »

I keep bringing this up with various quizbowl luminaries; it does not appear that anybody has stepped up to head edit yet, something that should get resolved soonish.

(I am obviously not qualified to do so, just pointing it out.)

EDIT: I should note that I might be interested in working on some Auditory FA and writing a few questions in Religion and/or OSci. EDIT EDIT: I should almost definitely not do that.
Alex D.
ACF
http://tinyurl.com/qbmisconduct

"You operate at a shorter wavelength and higher frequency than most human beings." —Victor Prieto
The King's Flight to the Scots
Auron

Re: 2022 Chicago Open

Post by The King's Flight to the Scots »

I think a lot of older, non-ACF-eligible players are either busy or a little wiped out right now. I would actually encourage younger players who might not have edited hard events before to give this consideration! I was very impressed by the talents of the editors for last year's ACF tournaments, and I would love to see what they could do.
Matt Bollinger
UVA '14, UVA '15
Galadedrid Damodred
Wakka

Re: 2022 Chicago Open

Post by Galadedrid Damodred »

Since there seems to be a dearth of volunteers, and I have a decent store of question ideas saved up after 4+ years out of the game, I'll put myself forward for Religion and History. I'm not up to the task of head editing solo, but co-head editor is a possibility if I'm able to focus on question content and difficulty control while others handle the logistical side of things and the people wrangling. If there are more active members of the community (i.e. Matt's "younger players") who want to edit some or all of the above 5/5, I'll defer to them and pitch in as a freelancer. Either way, I'd like to contribute to this tournament.
Austin Brownlow
Louisville '14, Stanford '16