Bay Area Winter MS Tournament @ Discord (Jan 29)

Dormant threads from the middle school section are preserved here.
njsbling
Rikku

Bay Area Winter MS Tournament @ Discord (Jan 29)

Post by njsbling »

This competition is taking place on Saturday, January 29 on Discord and will feature separate JV/Varsity divisions. We are using NAQT MS-40; it is likely that this set will be used in Sacramento in February or March. This tournament is limited to teams in northern California, Oregon, and Nevada. Teams may consist of up to six members. The last date to register is Tuesday, January 25.

Entry fee:
$60 per team
$30 New School Discount
$30 Staff Discount ($15 for half-day)
$20 cancellation fee (for teams that cancel after 6PM Pacific on Friday, January 28)

Register on the NAQT website here => https://www.naqt.com/registration/field ... t_id=13147
Nicholas Karas
Atlanta, Georgia
Member, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
californiacupquizbowl (at) gmail (dot) com
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Re: Bay Area Winter MS Tournament @ Discord (Jan 29)

Post by Important Bird Area »

Congratulations to Harvest Park Middle School (Pleasanton), who went undefeated to win today's Bay Area Winter Middle School Tournament!

Complete team and individual statistics are available here.

My thanks to all of the staff who made this tournament possible: Casey Bindas, Eric Chen, Jarrett Holmes, Shaurya Jain, Aseem Keyal, Nicholas Kriss, Freddie O'Hara, Ishan Pachauri, Aden Sun, and Hanni Yu. Special thanks to Nicholas Karas for his usual outstanding logistics support, and to Alistair Gray and his team at UC San Diego for their excellent scoresheet system.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred