2022 NAQT SCT at McGill University (Online; 2/5/2022)

Old college threads.
Gene Harrogate
Wakka

2022 NAQT SCT at McGill University (Online; 2/5/2022)

Post by Gene Harrogate »

McGill University is happy to announce that we will be hosting the Canadian site of the NAQT Sectional Championship Tournament on February 5th, 2022. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, the tournament will take place online using Zoom and buzzin.live. Play will begin at 10:00 ET, with a preliminary meeting at 9:45. I, Henry Atkins, will be your tournament director.

Eligibility
This tournament will be limited to current university students and will be split into two divisions. In general, you may not play in Division II if you have previously qualified for ICT. For more information on NAQT eligibility and the division system, please see this page.

Fees (in $CAD)
  • $145 base fee for first team, $120 for additional teams
  • $40 discount per experienced moderator
  • $20 discount (per team) for schools new to quizbowl (neither competed in nor hosted SCT in 2020)
Payment should be made using Interac e-transfer. We will contact you with an invoice after registration. Please let us know ahead of time if you would like to pay using another method.

Registration
You can register at this link. Please email me in addition to filling out NAQT's registration form to let me know that you're coming.

Rules and Conduct
In accordance with NAQT rules we will be using 11 question, untimed halves and will guarantee at least 7 games.

This tournament will operate according to McGill's misconduct guidelines. Please note that this tournament will employ a strict camera requirement. Please also note that disruptive or offensive behavior will lead to explusion from this tournament.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at henrya20 at gmail dot com. I'll see you in February!
Henry Atkins
ex-McGill
Gene Harrogate
Wakka

Re: 2022 NAQT SCT at McGill University (Online; 2/5/2022)

Post by Gene Harrogate »

The logistics email has been sent out. Please note that DII games will start at 9:00 ET. DI games will begin at 10:00 ET, as stated in the original announcement.
Henry Atkins
ex-McGill
Gene Harrogate
Wakka

Re: 2022 NAQT SCT at McGill University (Online; 2/5/2022)

Post by Gene Harrogate »

Congratulations to UBC A for winning an advantaged final against Toronto A to take the DI title, and for Toronto B for winning an advantaged final against Western to take the DII title! Stats can be found here.
Henry Atkins
ex-McGill