Indiana 2022 All-Star Team Tryout

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
L.H.O.O.Q.
Wakka

Indiana 2022 All-Star Team Tryout

Post by L.H.O.O.Q. »

With assistance from the Purdue Quiz Bowl Team and the Indiana Association of School Principals, I am pleased to announce Indiana's 2022 All-Star Team Tryout. This tournament will take place online via Zoom on Sunday, March 6th, the day after Indiana's State Finals, and will determine the roster for the team representing the state of Indiana at IQBT NASAT. More information about NASAT can (hopefully eventually) be found here.

The tournament will use MRNA VACCINE (or simply MRNA), a collegiate-difficulty set that I hope approximates the difficulty and subject distribution of NASAT. More information about MRNA can be found here.

This will be a singles tournament, meaning that individuals play for themselves and not representing teams. As such registration for this tournament will be on an individual basis. I am charging $20 per individual player that plays at this tournament. Note that registration is restricted to ONLY people currently enrolled in high schools located within the state of Indiana.

Additionally, because this tournament is about gauging the depth and breadth of knowledge of individual players, I have made some noteworthy alterations to the basic quizbowl rules for this tournament. For information about the rule changes, as well as the process by which players qualify for the team, please view this Google doc.

I am currently capping the field size at 16 players, though this may change based on the number of submissions I receive and the number of staffers available. To register for this tournament, please fill out this Google form.
Sarah Benner
Avon HS 2013-17, Purdue 2017-21
Unofficial QB Advisor for Purdue, Ohio State, and the State of Indiana

May refer to herself in the third person.