PettiWarz V (NEWT) :: 5 March 2022, Pettisville, Ohio

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
MahoningQuizBowler
Rikku

PettiWarz V (NEWT) :: 5 March 2022, Pettisville, Ohio

Post by MahoningQuizBowler »

Hello coaches and friends of academic competition,

In cooperation with the Pettisville quiz team and its coaches, I'm proud to announce PettiWarz V, an invitational tournament taking place on Saturday, March 5. Teams are asked to arrive by 8:30 AM. The opening meeting will immediately follow with the first round starting at 9:00.

The tournament will be played on the New Enterprising Writers Tournament (NEWT); more information on that set is available at viewtopic.php?t=25236. This will lock out teams from events that have already used, or will be in the process of using, those questions from this tournament. Entry fees for this tournament are $90 per team. Discounts for working buzzers (-$5) and readers ($-10) are available.

The field cap for this event will initially be 24 teams. Registration is done directly with the Pettisville program; contact coach Andrew Switzer by email [email protected]. Let me know how many teams, buzzers, and readers you will be bringing. Invoices will go out starting approximately one month before the tournament. If you need me to provide your district a W-9 form, I can definitely do that.

Pettisville's team will have concessions for sale including a meal deal, but more information about that will come closer to the date.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you might have about the rules, format, or any other aspect of the tournament.
Greg Bossick
Director, Mahoning Quizbowl League (2004-2011, 2013-present)
Director, NAQT Ohio Small School State Championship (2018-present)
Executive Director, Ohio Academic Competition (2013-2016)
1992 in spaceflight
Auron

Re: PettiWarz V (NEWT) :: 5 March 2022, Pettisville, Ohio

Post by 1992 in spaceflight »

Thanks for playing the NEWT set, everybody! As the set is not clear, please join the "2021 NEWT Discussion" private group if you want to discuss the set. (Go to your user control panel, click on usergroups, then find "2021 NEWT Discussion" and join it)

If you prefer, we also have a discussion Discord server for the set up and running. The link to join it is here.
Jacob O'Rourke
Washington (MO) HS Assistant Coach (2014-Present); MOQBA Secretary (2015-Present)
Formerly: AQBL Administrator (2020-2023); HSAPQ Host Contact; NASAT Outreach Coordinator (2016 and 2017); Kirksville HS Assistant Coach (2012-2014); Truman State '14; and Pacific High (MO) '10

Like MOQBA on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!