Call for Collaborators: SERAPIS, 2023 Side Event

Elaborate on the merits of specific tournaments or have general theoretical discussion here.
The King's Flight to the Scots
Auron

Call for Collaborators: SERAPIS, 2023 Side Event

Post by The King's Flight to the Scots »

Hi all,

I'm looking for writers to help produce a Classics side event to be played, hopefully, in Fall 2023. Provisionally called SERAPIS, it will focus on the relationship between the Greco-Roman world and its neighbors, its resident minorities, and its heirs. Half the questions will be more familiar questions on classical literature, history, philosophy, religion, etc., with a decided bent towards their relationship to the classical world's various "others." The other half will fully consist of questions on classical reception, primarily modern and/or non-Western. The questions on reception will, naturally, include a pop culture category.

The idea for this tournament is essentially "a classics side event as Mary Beard would write one." Given the subject matter, it will naturally be pitched towards an open audience. But I'm hopeful that the broader variety of questions will also appeal to a wider range of players, so it will be a point of emphasis to keep as many questions as possible grounded in familiar answerlines. If this is a project you'd be interested in collaborating on, please DM me or email me at mlybollinger at gmail.com.
Matt Bollinger
UVA '14, UVA '15
Lake Winnipesaukee Mystery Stone
Wakka

Re: Call for Collaborators: SERAPIS, 2023 Side Event

Post by Lake Winnipesaukee Mystery Stone »

Have sent you a PM
Oliver Clarke
King Edward's School, Birmingham '11
Oxford '16
St Andrews '18
Oxford '23