2022 WORKSHOP Florida Mirror on 2/26

Old college threads.
JohnN
Lulu

2022 WORKSHOP Florida Mirror on 2/26

Post by JohnN »

I am pleased to announce that Gator Quiz Bowl will be hosting the Florida mirror of 2022 WORKSHOP at the University of Florida on 2/26! More information on the set can be found here.

The tournament will take place in Matherly Hall on UF's campus. The opening meeting will begin at 8:45 with gameplay beginning promptly at 9:00. I, John Nienajadlo, will be the Tournament Director. Please direct any questions about this site to me at [email protected].

Fees and Payment
We will be using the following fee structure for the tournament:
Base fee: $120
New to quizbowl discount: -$60
Working buzzer discount: -$10
Approved moderator discount: -$20
Travel discount: -$10 (per 200+ miles one way according to google maps)
The minimum fee per team is $50 per team for this tournament

The "new to quizbowl" discount is intended for schools that did not send a team to any regular collegiate academic tournament (exclusively Novice tournaments do not count) since September 2020, and have no one on the team(s) claiming this discount who played those tournaments for another school

Registration
Email me at [email protected] to register teams for this tournament. Please include in your email:
Number of teams you will be bringing
Number of buzzers
Number and names of staffers
Any other discounts you wish to receive

Tournament Field

The field is currently capped at 8 teams, after which teams will be placed on a waitlist. Please register by February 21. The field may be expanded if enough staffers sign up and interest is expressed.
John Nienajadlo
ACF Treasurer 2023-2024, ACF Site Coordinator 2022-2023
University of Florida '24
JohnN
Lulu

Re: 2022 WORKSHOP Florida Mirror on 2/26

Post by JohnN »

Update: I will take teams still wishing to register up until midnight on Thursday February 24th at which point I will hard close registration for this tournament. Looking forward to seeing everyone come out!
John Nienajadlo
ACF Treasurer 2023-2024, ACF Site Coordinator 2022-2023
University of Florida '24