MRNA VACCINE Midwest Mirror (Northwestern, 2/12)

Old college threads.
bikeown
Lulu

MRNA VACCINE Midwest Mirror (Northwestern, 2/12)

Post by bikeown »

I'm happy to announce that the Midwest mirror of MRNA VACCINE will be held in person at Northwestern University on Saturday, February 12th, 2021. More information about the set can be found here. I, Beni Keown, will be tournament director. I can be reached by email at [email protected].

Logistics and COVID-19 Policy:
The tournament will be held at Locy Hall, 1850 Campus Drive in Evanston (if you attended our ARCADIA mirror, note that the location has changed). Gameplay will start at 9 AM Central time. In keeping with Northwestern's COVID policies, all attendees will be required to wear a mask while indoors, and we recommend that attendees wear a surgical mask or one of higher quality. We cannot mandate vaccination, but we encourage all attendees to be fully vaccinated.

Fees and Payment:
Base Fee: $120
Minimum Fee: $45
Buzzer discount: -$10 per working buzzer
Staffer discount: -$15 per staffer (all staffers must bring a laptop)
Travel discount: -$10 per 200 miles traveled (one-way)
New to quizbowl discount: -$20. A team is considered new to quizbowl if they have not played a college tournament (excluding novice-only tournaments) since before September 1st, 2020.
We are able to accept payment by Venmo, Paypal, or check.

Rules:
This tournament will use ACF’s gameplay rules with their addendum for the inclusion of powermarks. Any team that complies with ACF's eligibility rules may play.

Registration and Field Size:
To register for this tournament, please email [email protected] with the number of teams, buzzers and staffers you plan to bring. Registration is open and will close on February 9th. This tournament will have a field cap of 16 teams.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send them my way. We hope to see you on the 12th!
Last edited by bikeown on Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beni Keown
Evanston '19
Northwestern '23
bikeown
Lulu

Re: MRNA VACCINE Midwest Mirror (Northwestern, 2/12)

Post by bikeown »

FIeld as of 2/10 (Finalized):

(12/16)
Notre Dame x2
Wisconsin x2
Michigan x1
DePaul x1
Purdue x1
UIUC x2
Chicago x3
Beni Keown
Evanston '19
Northwestern '23
bikeown
Lulu

Re: MRNA VACCINE Midwest Mirror (Northwestern, 2/12)

Post by bikeown »

Congratulations to Chicago A, who went undefeated to clear the field and win this tournament. Final stats can be found here. Anyone who played this tournament may join the discussion forum for the set from the Usergroups section of the User Control Panel.
Beni Keown
Evanston '19
Northwestern '23