CULEX at HSNCT

Old college threads.
The Ununtiable Twine
Auron

CULEX at HSNCT

Post by The Ununtiable Twine »

This is a very early preliminary announcement for a mirror of the JRPG tournament CULEX that will hopefully take place at HSNCT 2022. Ideally, I would like to run the event on Saturday night as it is a 10-round event with an audio seeding packet tacked on. For more information regarding the set, please click on the link provided here: viewtopic.php?t=24983

Pricing – The main site of this tournament will cost $12 per player to play.

Team size – I think 2 person teams could handle the prelim packets reasonably well, but due to the depth and breadth required in later rounds, CULEX will feature 3 person teams. (Of course, if you are really bold you can brave these waters as a 1 or 2 person team.)

Signups - Sign up using the spreadsheet at the link below.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

**It should be noted that this proposed event is not an official function of NAQT or the NAQT's national championships, and is not sponsored, endorsed, or organized by NAQT.
Last edited by The Ununtiable Twine on Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jake Sundberg
Louisiana, Alabama
retired
The Ununtiable Twine
Auron

Re: CULEX at HSNCT

Post by The Ununtiable Twine »

Sign up sheet is in the original post. If you don't want to post your contact info on the spreadsheet, that's ok, just PM me.
Jake Sundberg
Louisiana, Alabama
retired
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Re: CULEX at HSNCT

Post by Important Bird Area »

naqt.com wrote:Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in 2022 NAQT is not permitting side events in its rooms. This applies to ballrooms, meeting rooms, and all other rooms in which championship games take place. NAQT furthermore strongly discourages in-person side events from taking place in any other location, including staff sleeping rooms.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred