2022 MRNA VACCINE New College of Florida Mirror (2/19)

This forum is for tournament announcements, updates, and results (official or otherwise).
Carlosg13
Kimahri

2022 MRNA VACCINE New College of Florida Mirror (2/19)

Post by Carlosg13 »

I'm pleased to announce that the Florida mirror of MRNA VACCINE will be held in person at New College of Florida on Saturday, February 19th, 2021. I, Carlos Gonzalez, will be tournament director. I can be reached by email at [email protected].

Logistics and COVID-19 Policy:
We are still finalizing the rooms/building reservations, though in all likelihood we will be holding the tournament in the Academic Center (ACE) building, adjacent to the Jane Bancroft Cook Library. Ample parking is available in the lot next to the Heiser Natural Sciences building, which is just across the street from ACE and the Library (more explicit logistical emails will be provided once we draw nearer to the tournament). In keeping with NCF's COVID policies, all attendees will be required to wear a mask while indoors. We cannot mandate vaccination, but we encourage all attendees to be fully vaccinated.

Difficulty:
This tournament will be using the MRNA VACCINE playset. This is a medium difficult (2 Dot) playset, with more information available at the following link:
viewtopic.php?t=25034

Fees and Payment:
Base Fee: $120
Minimum Fee: $45
Buzzer discount: -$10 per working buzzer set
Staffer discount*: -$15 per staffer (all staffers must bring a laptop, and approved by the TD)
Travel discount: -$10 per 200 miles traveled (one-way)
New to Quizbowl discount: -$20. A team is considered new to Quizbowl if they have not played a college tournament (excluding novice-only tournaments) since before September 1st, 2020.

We are able to accept payment by Venmo, cash (brought the day of the tournament), or check. If any of those options do not work, please let me know and we can try and work something out.

ALL Payments are due by the day of the tournament.

* Please notify me ASAP if you wish to bring a staffer

Rules:
This tournament will use ACF’s gameplay rules with their addendum for the inclusion of powermarks. Any team that complies with ACF's eligibility rules may play.

Registration and Field Size:
To register for this tournament, please email [email protected] (PLEASE include "MRNA" in the subject line) with the number of teams, buzzers and staffers you plan to bring. Also indicate your preferred method of payment and I will supply the mailing/venmo address.

Registration is open now and will close on Wednesday February 16th. This tournament will have a field cap of 16 teams (though I do not anticipate the need to cap).

If you have any questions, please feel free to send them my way. Otherwise, have a wonderful day and we hope to see you on the 19th!
Carlos Gonzalez
Human Geography & Political Science
NCF Class of 2022