2022 WORKSHOP "at" Yale (3/12)

Old college threads.
machgielis
Lulu

2022 WORKSHOP "at" Yale (3/12)

Post by machgielis »

I am pleased to announce that the Northeast site of 2022 WORKSHOP will be hosted online by Yale on Saturday, March 12, 2022.

The tournament will take place over Zoom, using buzzin.live for buzzing and Discord for communication. Gameplay will begin at 9 AM Eastern. Please direct any questions to [email protected].

Registration
Register by emailing me at [email protected]. Please indicate the number of teams and the names staffers you intend to bring. We will set an initial field cap at 10 teams. Please register by March 8.

This tournament is aimed at teams from the Northeast. Teams from other regions should attend their respective regional mirrors if they are able. Exceptions may be granted on a case-by-case basis with the permission of the WORKSHOP team.

Fees and Discounts
$120 base fee
-$25 experienced staffer discount
-$20 shorthanded discount (teams of 1-2 players)
-$40 new-to-quizbowl discount (for schools which have not played any non-Novice collegiate tournaments since September 2020)

The minimum fee is $50 per team. We will accept payment by Venmo or check.

Rules and Conduct
This tournament will follow ACF’s official gameplay rules.

YSAC does not tolerate misconduct of any form, including harassment and cheating. We will require all teams in attendance to adhere to a code of conduct which will be provided prior to the tournament. Incidents of potential misconduct can be reported directly to staff or through the anonymous misconduct reporting form.

Current Field:
(Moved to reply below.)
Last edited by machgielis on Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Michał Gerasimiuk, Yale '23, Stanford '(this decade, I hope)

"But people today instead separate knowing and [buzzing] into two distinct tasks to perform and think that one must first know and only then can one [buzz]. They say, 'Now I will perform the task of knowing, by studying and learning. Once I have attained real knowledge, I then will pursue the task of [buzzing].' And so, till the end of their days, they never [buzz], and till the end of their days, they never know." - Wang Yangming
machgielis
Lulu

Re: 2022 WORKSHOP "at" Yale (3/12)

Post by machgielis »

Field updates here, so that the thread doesn't go down when I try to edit it:
(State on March 10th, 8/10 registered)
Cornell
Columbia
OSU A
OSU B
Harvard
Illinois
Princeton
Chicago
Last edited by machgielis on Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:17 am, edited 5 times in total.

"But people today instead separate knowing and [buzzing] into two distinct tasks to perform and think that one must first know and only then can one [buzz]. They say, 'Now I will perform the task of knowing, by studying and learning. Once I have attained real knowledge, I then will pursue the task of [buzzing].' And so, till the end of their days, they never [buzz], and till the end of their days, they never know." - Wang Yangming
DumbJaques
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by DumbJaques »

Owing to the fact that our regional mirror has rather questionably been scheduled for after Nationals, OSU will now attend this site. Hopefully some of our midwestern ilk will follow suit.
Chris Ray
OSU
University of Chicago, 2016
University of Maryland, 2014
ACF, PACE
machgielis
Lulu

Post by machgielis »

Congratulations to OSU A, who finished the playoffs 8-2 and went on to beat Harvard in a one-game final. You can find the stats here. I'd also like to thank our wonderful Yale staffers for staffing despite the looming threat of midterms, Caroline Mao and Rahul Keyal for helping us make this tournament possible, and Jordan Davidsen for handling the stats.