33%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 6

Dantooine is Big!
Rikku

MRNA VACCINE Online Open Mirror (03/19)

Post by Dantooine is Big! »

I am pleased to announce the online closed open mirror of MRNA VACCINE on either March 19th or March 26th. If you are considering playing this tournament, please vote in the above poll in the next 5 days. After the poll ends, the finalized date of the tournament will be announced, as per the results of the poll. If the "other" option wins, we will consider other dates, including weekends in April (excluding the first two weekends, due to national tournaments taking place on those dates). I will be serving as TD (Tournament Director) for the tournament. More information about the set can be found here. Registration will close on March 18th at midnight, PST.

This tournament will use ACF's standard gameplay rules, with their addenda for the inclusion of powers and any necessary modifications for online quizbowl. All players will need to have their cameras turned on for the duration of the tournament. Exceptions to the camera rule due to connection issues and similar reasons will be issued pending my approval. The tournament will take place on a tournament-specific Discord server. We will use buzzin.live (an online web browser-based buzzer system).

All closed (consisting of players all enrolled at the same institution) college or high school team are eligible to play this tournament. This tournament is now open. Anyone can play on a team at this tournament, regardless of affiliation or enrollment status. Teams can consist of players affiliated with or enrolled at different institutions.

The base fee for this tournament is $100 per team. Invoices and details on how to send payment will be given within a week after the end of the tournament.

Discounts:
- $15 per experienced staffer
- $40 for schools new to quizbowl (we will define "new to quizbowl" as schools that did not play any non-novice tournaments before the beginning of the 2021 academic year)
- $40 for shorthanded teams

The minimum fee for this tournament is $45 per team.

To register for this tournament, email [email protected] with the subject line "MRNA Online Closed [Your School]" and the following information:
- the number of teams you are registering
- the emails of any staffers you will be providing
- whether you qualify for any discounts (other than for staffers)

All players will be required to affirm the 2021 WORKSHOP code of conduct in order to participate. Cheating or misconduct of any form will not be tolerated.

A team-forming spreadsheet for this tournament can be found here.
Last edited by Dantooine is Big! on Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:18 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Young Fenimore Lee (they/them)
Stevenson High School 2017
Stanford 2021
The New School 2023
Ohio University 2028
Dantooine is Big!
Rikku

Re: MRNA VACCINE Online Closed Mirror (Date Poll)

This post is reserved for field updates. The field is currently capped at 6 teams, pending staff availability. This tournament is full. Please email me or PM/DM me to express interest as a player or staffer. If there is sufficient interest, we will do our best to expand the field.

Current field (6/6):

Sagittarius (1)
Joe vs. The World (1)
Santa Clara/Bellarmine (1)
Team Asia (1)
Stephen Liu (1)
UChicago (1)
Last edited by Dantooine is Big! on Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:26 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Stanford 2021
The New School 2023
Ohio University 2028
Dantooine is Big!
Rikku

Re: MRNA VACCINE Online Closed Mirror (03/19)

This tournament will be held on March 19th. Please email me (instructions in original post) to register. Registration will close on March 17th 16th at midnight, PST. This is also an open call for volunteer staffers. Staffers unaffiliated with a school attending the tournament will receive $40 for their time. PM me on the forums or Discord or email me to express interest.
Stanford 2021
The New School 2023
Ohio University 2028
Dantooine is Big!
Rikku

Re: MRNA VACCINE Online Closed Mirror (03/19)

Quick announcement: the registration deadline for the closed MRNA mirror on March 19th will be this Wednesday on March 16th at midnight pacific. We will consider making the mirror open (rather than closed) if we do not have enough interest for the mirror by the registration deadline.
Stanford 2021
The New School 2023
Ohio University 2028
Dantooine is Big!
Rikku

Re: MRNA VACCINE Online Open Mirror (03/19)

This tournament is now open, rather than closed. Registration will be open until midnight pacific on Friday, March 18th.
Stanford 2021
The New School 2023
Ohio University 2028
Dantooine is Big!
Rikku

By request, I have made a team formation spreadsheet which can be found here.
Stanford 2021
The New School 2023
Ohio University 2028
Dantooine is Big!
Rikku

This tournament has expanded to 6 teams. There is still potential room for expansion, so please contact me ASAP if you're interested in signing up.
Stanford 2021
The New School 2023
Ohio University 2028
Dantooine is Big!
Rikku

This tournament happened and ran successfully. The combined stats can be found here. Congratulations to the champions Mario's Time Machine (consisting of the mysterious duo of Amogh Kulkarni and… Amogh Kulkarni!), and the runner-up, Wilde 1 - Keats and Yeats 0 (consisting of Stephen Liu, Anderson Wang, and Ankit Aggarwal)! (Mario's Time Machine beat Wilde 1 - Keats and Yeats 0 in a one-game final after both teams went 8-2 after the double round-robin.) Thank you all for coming, it was a lot of fun running this event, and I can safely say all of us moderators at this tournament had fun seeing all these absolutely amazing games!
Stanford 2021
The New School 2023
Ohio University 2028