2022 Ontario Hybrid - Ontario Main Site

Old college threads.
ErikC
Rikku

2022 Ontario Hybrid - Ontario Main Site

Post by ErikC »

I am tentatively announcing the first site of Ontario Hybrid on June 25. More info on the set can be found here: viewtopic.php?p=384787

I hope to have this run in person in Toronto or another Southern Ontario location if school rules and provincial regulations allow for it in a safe way. Further online mirrors can/will be run after the initial site, and I'm prepared to switch to online if a proper venue cannot be found.

As with last Hybrid, we will be accept optional packet or half-packet submissions (from teams playing the Ontario mirror or those who plan on playing elsewhere) with discounts offered to those teams. I highly encourage teams to consider writing, especially for newer clubs/players who may not have had the chance to write questions for a tournament before. I make a serious effort to use every submitted question and I enjoy working with submissions.

Submitted half-packets should be 5/5 trash and 5/5 academic. You can choose which parts of the distro to write about but please do not submit more than 1/1 of any subject.

I hope to see everyone for the first time in a long time (or at all) in Toronto this summer! Here's a sheet to form teams and declare intention to write packets: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

There WILL be Canadian Content.
Last edited by ErikC on Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erik Christensen
University of Waterloo - School of Planning Class of '18
Defending VETO top scorer
ErikC
Rikku

Re: 2022 Ontario Hybrid - Ontario Main Site

Post by ErikC »

This tournament is happening at UofT on June 25!
Erik Christensen
ErikC
Rikku

Post by ErikC »

The fees for this tournament will be paid to the UofT club's email. Here's the rate to pay them:

Fees and Discounts

Base fee: $130/team
Shorthanded discount: $10/missing player
Buzzer discount: $10/working buzzer set
Travel discount: $2.50/player who travelled at least 200 km one way

Please email me at erikchristensenplan [at] google's email to formally register.
Erik Christensen
ErikC
Rikku

Post by ErikC »

Congratulations to Chungus Express for winning the Ontario Main Site! It was awesome to run in person again and we were fortunate to get all our rounds in before the bookings ran out.

People were very positive about the set. Some players noted that it turned out a bit harder than initially advertised but that was fine for an open summer field.
Erik Christensen