WORKSHOP Supersite (INVITE-ONLY, 5/14)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
oriley
Wakka

WORKSHOP Supersite (INVITE-ONLY, 5/14)

Post by oriley »

Hello! This is the announcement for the INVITE-ONLY high school WORKSHOP supersite. I, Owen Riley, will direct this tournament.

As with last year’s iteration run by Jordan Davidsen, this tournament will be a “pre-nationals” event for the top teams in the country.

I am considering adding an assistant tournament director. Please contact me at oriley1201 AT icloud DOT com if you are interested.

Date and Time
Saturday, May 14, 2022. There will be an opening meeting at 8:45 AM central, with games starting before 9 AM central.

The tournament will take place online over Zoom and buzzin.live.

Eligibility
The tournament is again INVITE-ONLY, meaning only teams that are given a bid by me will be eligible to play.

The top 24 teams in the country will be invited to play the tournament. Additional bids will be given out depending on how many teams initially accept their bid.

The tournament directors will determine which teams are given a bid. Do not message the tournament directors in an attempt to receive a bid.

Fees
Base fee: $120
Staffer discount: -$40 each

Please contact me if your team would like to accept your bid, but you cannot afford the fee. I am happy to discuss a potential discount.

Registration
Invited teams will be sent a Google Form to fill out.

Staff
Staffers will be paid $40 for staffing the whole tournament, and should fill out this form.

Recordings
Teams will be sent a waiver form to fill out to allow us to record some of their games. This is optional, but highly encouraged. Blowouts/lopsided games will likely not be uploaded in full; we would like to be able to record as many close, exciting games as possible.

Cheating Prevention
All players will be required to have both hands and their screen in view of a camera. For teams meeting in the same in-person location, players must have both hands on camera, but their screen is unnecessary. All spectators must have cameras on, but their hands are not required to be in view of the camera.

Please contact me at oriley1201 AT iCloud DOT com if you have any questions.

Particularly if your team is ranked in GrogerRanks’ top 30-35 or so, and you know for certain you would or would not accept a bid, feel free to send me an email. It would save me a bit of time.

Do not expect our opinion on the top 24 teams in the country to directly reflect GrogerRanks.
Last edited by oriley on Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owen Riley
Inver Hills ’23
Northfield coach
oriley
Wakka

Re: WORKSHOP Supersite (INVITE-ONLY, 5/13)

Post by oriley »

Please be aware that some states may plan to use WORKSHOP for their NASAT tryouts. I would recommend checking that sooner than later.
Owen Riley
Inver Hills ’23
Northfield coach
oriley
Wakka

Re: WORKSHOP Supersite (INVITE-ONLY, 5/14)

Post by oriley »

The original post claimed the tournament was on “Saturday, May 13.” To clarify, that Saturday is May 14. This tournament is not on a Friday.
Owen Riley
Inver Hills ’23
Northfield coach