The Next Thought Monstrosity

Elaborate on the merits of specific tournaments or have general theoretical discussion here.
Dantooine is Big!
Rikku

The Next Thought Monstrosity

Post by Dantooine is Big! »

Hey quizbowl luminaries and olds, I have a question. When I was a senior in high school (which was around 5 years ago now), I was really enthusiastic about philosophy in quizbowl, and managed to convince Will Nediger to help me write a tournament entirely on philosophy and other thought. However, I was not good at writing quizbowl questions, though I got much better at it later in the process. I was also not good at contributing questions in a timely manner. In the end, Will had, generously, written the majority of the tournament himself, with Caleb Kendrick and JinAh Kim writing the rest (I wrote embarrassingly little). Things turned out better than I could have imagined, and the set was very well received, with enthusiasts calling it the gold standard for thought questions at the highest difficulties. But ever since, I have felt more than a bit guilty for not putting in my share of the work on that tournament.

This year, I'm editing the philosophy for CO, so I can't do much about this immediately, but I'd like to, at some point, help write another Thought Monstrosity and actually contribute to it, lol. I'd definitely need help — would anyone (particularly experienced editors in this subject) be willing to help edit and write the next Thought Monstrosity (whenever that would happen)? Please dm or email me ([email protected]) if you're interested.
Young Fenimore Lee (they/them)
Stevenson High School 2017
Stanford 2021
The New School 2023
Ohio University 2028
Dantooine is Big!
Rikku

Re: The Next Thought Monstrosity

Caleb Kendrick has expressed interest in writing this with me for the summer of 2023. We're still looking for writers, and would also be interested in a head editor-like figure overseeing difficulty and quality.
Stanford 2021
The New School 2023
Ohio University 2028
Dantooine is Big!
Rikku

Re: The Next Thought Monstrosity

This has been pushed back so Caleb and I can work on CO for the summer and not worry about writing other stuff for now. We'll keep people posted as to when we'll write TM2.
Stanford 2021
The New School 2023
Ohio University 2028