Echelon Summer History Camp

Dormant threads from the middle school section are preserved here.
reethanos
Kimahri

Echelon Summer History Camp

Post by reethanos »

Hello everyone,

My name is Aadit Juneja, and I am the Executive Director of the Echelon History Summer Camp.

About Echelon

We are a group of high schoolers who have competed in history competitions such as the National History Bee and Bowl who wish to spread our love of history and history competitions to younger students. We think this would be an amazing opportunity for your students to develop both their knowledge of history and their interest in the field. You can find out more about our team on the About Page of our website.

Session Schedule

Our camp is held on 6 consecutive Saturdays from 11AM to 12:30PM CST in June and July of 2022. The meeting topics are listed below, and the exact day of each topic can be found on our website.
  • Medieval Indian History
  • Colonial American History
  • Russian Empire
  • World War I
  • Modern Africa
  • Modern American History

Typical Session

Each session will begin with a slideshow presentation on the topic. Then, our team will present 2 tossups, which are paragraph-long questions, on the topic. Then, students will produce their own tossup questions on the topic with the assistance of our team. Students will then read the tossup they wrote, and play the tossups their peers wrote in a buzzer-style game. All sessions are free and held virtually on Zoom.

Camp Registration

The camp registration form can be found on our website. Alternatively, you can directly access our registration form here.

We would love if you signed up for our camp, or spread the word to other middle schoolers. We aim to create a future in which people are better educated about history. Please don’t hesitate to email us at [email protected] if you have any questions. Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
Aadit Juneja
Aadit Juneja

-Aptakisic ‘19
-Stevenson ‘23