Midwest Summer Tournaments?

Elaborate on the merits of specific tournaments or have general theoretical discussion here.
Cheynem
Sin

Midwest Summer Tournaments?

Post by Cheynem »

Are there any plans for Midwest opens/summer tournaments? I'm not sure what schools could host or what the policies for hosting are, but ideally you could get a host of players. NASAT or Ottawa Hybrid would make a good main event tournament, and presumably there are a number of side events on the docket. My baseball set is now making good progress towards completion and should be done by the end of the month. It would be great to see the return of an in person Side Event Open, although this might have to wait until next year or the fall.
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

"You killed HSAPQ"--Matt Bollinger
Cheynem
Sin

Re: Midwest Summer Tournaments?

Post by Cheynem »

Going to bump this...is there nobody interested (or able) to run any sort of side event open or whatever? I can certainly understand if hosting is a pain in the butt, but it kind of sucks that there was/will be an east coast and a west coast summer open but not a midwestern one so far.
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

"You killed HSAPQ"--Matt Bollinger
Halinaxus
Wakka

Re: Midwest Summer Tournaments?

Post by Halinaxus »

Cheynem wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:11 pm Going to bump this...is there nobody interested (or able) to run any sort of side event open or whatever? I can certainly understand if hosting is a pain in the butt, but it kind of sucks that there was/will be an east coast and a west coast summer open but not a midwestern one so far.
The University of Minnesota is running something like that in August.
Reilly Melville
Chaska High School '22
Purdue University '26