Winter Closed 2022 Playtest Mirror (9/10/22)

Old college threads.
Kino Noir
Lulu

Winter Closed 2022 Playtest Mirror (9/10/22)

Post by Kino Noir »

The Winter Closed team is happy to announce an open playtest mirror of our set to be mirrored later this fall. This tournament will be hosted on Discord on Saturday, September 10, beginning at 10:00 am Eastern Time. I, Aidan Leahy, will be directing this tournament.

Eligibility
This playtest mirror is intended for "open" players who are not eligible to play this set for an academic institution. We intend to mirror the set in all regions later in the fall semester. If you have a question about your eligibility, email me at [email protected].

Registration
To register for this tournament, please email me at [email protected] with "Winter Closed Playtest" in the subject line. A team formation spreadsheet is available here. This tournament's field will be capped at 10 teams.

Payment
The fee for this tournament will be $80 per team. Payment by Venmo or PayPal is preferred; if this does not work for you, please contact me at the email provided to arrange another form of payment.

Logistics
An email with additional logistics and a link to the playtest server will be sent out closer to the tournament date. All players and staff will be required to affirm a Code of Conduct sent out prior to this tournament in order to participate in it.
Aidan Leahy
UGA '23 but also UGA '24
———————————————————————————————
🌼
Kino Noir
Lulu

Re: Winter Closed 2022 Playtest Mirror (9/10/22)

Post by Kino Noir »

I'll close signups for this tournament on September 3, 2022, so be sure to put your name down on the team formation sheet and get your teams finalized by then. After that, free agents will be assigned to teams and a logistics email will follow shortly after.

For players still in college, we'll be hosting a closed online mirror later this fall. Be sure to check the main tournament thread to find a mirror near you!
Aidan Leahy
UGA '23 but also UGA '24
🌼
Kino Noir
Lulu

Post by Kino Noir »

Signups for this mirror are now closed and a logistics email has been sent out.

However, we are still looking for two more players to fill out our free agent teams. If you're interested, shoot me an email at aidan [dot] leahy [at] uga [dot] edu and I can add you to one of the free agent teams.
Aidan Leahy
UGA '23 but also UGA '24
🌼
Kino Noir
Lulu

Post by Kino Noir »

Congratulations to America's most creative team name Shanmugam et al. (Vishwa Shanmugam, Will Alston, Geoffrey Chen) for winning Winter Not-Closed with a 9-1 record! Will Alston was also the tournament's top scorer. Thanks to everyone who took the time out of their Saturday to play and deliver excellent feedback on the set, as well as to all our staffers.

Stats for this tournament can be found here. A discussion server / subforum will be created shortly.
Aidan Leahy
UGA '23 but also UGA '24
🌼