NAQT Collegiate Novice @ Lehigh (CNS-213C) (CANCELLED) (10/1/22)

Old college threads.
emf484848
Lulu

NAQT Collegiate Novice @ Lehigh (CNS-213C) (CANCELLED) (10/1/22)

Post by emf484848 »

Due to logistical issues, we have unfortunately have decided to cancel the tournament. We hope to see all teams at a Lehigh tournament in the future.

On behalf of the Quiz Bowl club at Lehigh University, I am pleased to announce that we are hosting a tournament using NAQT’s collegiate novice set (CNS-213C) on October 1st, 2022.

I, Eddie Fuhrer will be directing this tournament. I can be contacted for any tournament-related questions at [email protected].

Please register for the tournament through NAQT’s website at the following link: https://www.naqt.com/registration/field ... t_id=13667

The deadline for registering is September 26th. There is an initial field cap of 12 teams, but this can expand depending on available staff and buzzers.

Fees:
Base Fee: $70 per team
Buzzer Discount: -$10 per working buzzer set
Staff Discount: -$15 per capable staffer with a working laptop and NAQT account
New School Discount: -$15 if your school has not played a non-novice collegiate quizbowl tournament between September 1st, 2019 and September 1st, 2022
Minimum Fee: $40 per team

Further details about payment will be sent to teams within the next 3 weeks. We plan on being able to accept payment both in advance and on the day of the tournament.

Eligibility:
This tournament is intended for players with less experience playing collegiate quizbowl, as such, all players who meet any of the following criteria will need to be approved by the tournament director in order to play:
    Has scored 35 PPG or more at either HSNCT or NSC
    Was on a team that finished in the top 24 at NSC or t49 or higher at HSNCT
    Has played in a college national tournament (either ACF Nationals or ICT)
    Has scored 25 PPG or more at any tournament run on a non-novice collegiate set

Please don’t be afraid to email me to ask for an exception if you have a player who meets any of this criteria but you still feel should be eligible to play

Logistics:
    This tournament will take place on the campus of Lehigh University in Bethlehem, PA in Maginnes Hall. The tournament will start at 9 am eastern time and there will be a lunch break of around an hour in the middle of the tournament and many options to eat nearby campus.

For parking, the most convenient place to park on Lehigh’s campus would be at the parking garage next to the Alumni Memorial Building.

COVID Policy:

All participants in this tournament must follow all of Lehigh University’s current COVID-19 protocols which can be found here: https://coronavirus.lehigh.edu/campus-status
    Last edited by emf484848 on Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Eddie Fuhrer
    KAHS 21'
    Lehigh University 25'
    emf484848
    Lulu

Re: NAQT Collegiate Novice @ Lehigh (CNS-213C) (10/1/22)

Post by emf484848 »

Registration for this tournament is now open on NAQT's website. Please consult the website to see the latest updates on the field.

If any outside staffers would like to sign up to moderate/scorekeep, please do so here: https://forms.gle/x3i63wvPNUnwjMUx8. All staffers will need an NAQT account to access the packets and a WiFi-capable laptop. Free breakfast and lunch will be provided to all staffers.
    Eddie Fuhrer
    KAHS 21'
    Lehigh University 25'