NAQT Collegiate Novice at the University of Florida

Old college threads.
gmcope123
Lulu

NAQT Collegiate Novice at the University of Florida

Post by gmcope123 »

The University of Florida will be hosting a mirror of NAQT's Collegiate Novice tournament (CNS-213C) on Saturday, September 24, 2022. I, Graham Cope, will be the tournament director.

Eligibility
This is a closed collegiate tournament, with teams representing a single school. Due to this tournament using NAQT's CNS-213C set which shares content with the IS-213 high school set, high schoolers will not be allowed to attend this tournament as players, spectators, or staffers.

Since this is a novice tournament, players who meet any of the criteria below must seek permission from me in order to play:
1. Have scored 40 PPG or higher at HSNCT or PACE NSC, or 50 PPG or higher at SSNCT
2. Was on a team that placed higher than 50th at HSNCT or in the top 24 at PACE NSC
3. Have scored 25 PPG or higher at a collegiate tournament (other than a novice tournament or ACF Fall)
4. Have played ICT (DI or DII) or ACF Nationals, or played on a team that qualified for either of these tournaments

Please reach out to me at [email protected] if you believe there are players on your team who should be able to play but meet any of these criteria, which will be handled on a case to case basis.

Fees
Base fee: $60 per team
Buzzer discount: $5 per functioning buzzer set (max 2)
New program discount: -$15 if your school has not attended a pyramidal collegiate quizbowl tournament since before September 2020.

Schedule and logistics
The tournament will likely take place in Matherly Hall (1405 W University Ave, Gainesville, FL 32611), but may change, in which case this will be updated and all registered teams notified. The opening meeting will be at 8:45am with rounds starting promptly at 9am.

Registration
Teams can register through NAQT's website through this link: https://www.naqt.com/go/register/13802
There is a tentative field cap of 12 teams before teams will be placed on a waitlist.

Please contact me at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Graham Cope
University of Florida
President (2022-)
Vice President (2021-22)