BHSU @ Maryland (3/11/23)

Old college threads.
superdooku
Lulu

BHSU @ Maryland (3/11/23)

Post by superdooku »

I am pleased to announce a mirror of BHSU, to be held in person at the University of Maryland on March 11th. More information on the set can be found here. I, Munir Siddiqui, will serve as the TD.

Time and Location
This tournament will take place at Jimenez Hall. We will start registration at 8:30 am and will begin games at or around 9 am.

Registration
This tournament is completely open, meaning anyone can form teams. I've included a team formation spreadsheet here. Please note that to officially register, you should email me at [email protected]. In your email, please include who will (tentatively) be on your team, a team name if you have one, any discounts you choose to claim, and a phone number we can use to contact you on the day of the tournament.

Fees
Base Fee: $120 per team
Buzzers: -$10 per working buzzer system
Staffers: -$20 per competent staffer with a working laptop/charger

COVID Policy
I expect everyone attending this tournament to be vaccinated, and ask that everyone masks on the day of the event for extra precaution.
Last edited by superdooku on Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Munir Siddiqui
Hinsdale Central '20
Maryland '24
Mygs22
Kimahri

Re: BHSU @ Maryland (3/11/23)

Post by Mygs22 »

When will we know about the ACRONYM tournament? I can probably take at least one team from GWU.

Thank you,
Andrew Amygdalos
GWU Quiz Bowl President
superdooku
Lulu

Post by superdooku »

We are now a month away from this tournament. After some deliberation, we've decided not to host Acronym. Please remember to email me at [email protected] to finalize your team's registration for BHSU.
Munir Siddiqui
Hinsdale Central '20
Maryland '24
Votre Kickstarter Est Nul
Rikku

Post by Votre Kickstarter Est Nul »

superdooku wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:44 pm We are now a month away from this tournament. After some deliberation, we've decided not to host Acronym. Please remember to email me at [email protected] to finalize your team's registration for BHSU.
:sad:
Emmett Laurie
East Brunswick '16
Rutgers University '21
superdooku
Lulu

Post by superdooku »

Congratulations to Rutgers Diaspora for winning this tournament!. Full stats can be found here. Thanks to all the staff who helped run this tournament, and hope to see you all at Maryland for the next open tournament!
Munir Siddiqui
Hinsdale Central '20
Maryland '24
Votre Kickstarter Est Nul
Rikku

Post by Votre Kickstarter Est Nul »

Thanks for running this Munir! It ran super smoothly.
Emmett Laurie
East Brunswick '16
Rutgers University '21