2023 Canadian Novice @ uOttawa (03/04/2023)

Old college threads.
abovethetreetops
Kimahri

2023 Canadian Novice @ uOttawa (03/04/2023)

Post by abovethetreetops »

It is with earnest excitement that I am pleased to announce that the University of Ottawa will be hosting the Eastern Canadian circuit mirror of Canadian Novice on Saturday, March 4th, 2023. I, James Wang, will be the tournament director. I may be reached by email at uottawatrivia [AT] gmail.com

Logistics:
This mirror will be held in [LOCATION TO BE DECIDED, on uOttawa Main Campus] and will be supported by a Discord server through which all announcements and the schedule will be posted. The opening meeting will take place at 9:45 am EST, and gameplay will begin at 10:00 am EST.

Eligibility:
As this is an introductory-level tournament targeted at less-experienced players, players who meet any of the following criteria are ineligible to play:
  • You have ever scored more than 60 points per game at a quizbowl tournament (excluding middle school tournaments).
  • You have made the playoffs at HSNCT or top 32 at NSC.
  • You have played ICT (DI or DII) or ACF Nationals.
Please see the main post for more details: viewtopic.php?t=26114

This tournament is open to all collegiate teams, although preference will be given to teams currently belonging to the Canadian circuit. Please note that the field size is capped to 12 teams. If you are interested in sending a team to this mirror, please fill out this Google Form: https://forms.gle/bf4bykqR5he6R4396 .

Registration will close on Thursday, March 2nd, 2023, at 11:59 pm EST. Any registrations after this point should be submitted directly to me via Discord, where you will face the wrath of my displeasure.

All staffers should register at the following link: https://forms.gle/wJvV5n1WYWRnqzVy8

Fees and Payments:
  • Base fee will be $100 CAD per team.
  • $10 CAD discount per team-provided buzzer systems.
  • $15 CAD discount per team-provided staffer.
  • $40 CAD discount per shorthanded team (1 or 2 players).
All Canadian teams will, by default, pay by e-transfer. Instructions for e-transfer will be given out following the tournament. If you are not from a Canadian school or wish to pay via an alternative method, please email the TD directly.

Code of Conduct:
The University of Ottawa is dedicated to ensuring a fair and respectful playing environment for all tournament participants. Consequently, all players and staff at this tournament must abide by ACF's Ethics and Conduct policies.

Set Information:
More information about the set can be found here: viewtopic.php?t=26114
James Wang
Ottawa '25