2023 Tournament of the Orders (MRNA II, July 1, Online)

Post high school tournament announcements and results here, along with logistical information. Interest checks, opinions, and other in-depth discussion of tournaments should go in the forum below.
oriley
Wakka

2023 Tournament of the Orders (MRNA II, July 1, Online)

Post by oriley »

WAS: “MRNA II HS Open”

I’ll keep this update brief, since most of you will be aware through the HSQB Discord. This tournament will pit teams made up of players from each high school graduating class against each other. The graduating classes of 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, and 2027 are eligible to participate. Grade levels may send more than one team (Sophomores A, Sophomores B. . .) if they so desire.

One captain will be appointed from each grade level. The captain will be in charge of organizing their grade level’s team(s).

Team names need not have anything to do with a team’s grade level, but I recommend that team names consist of something approximating the formula “[blank] Academy,” “[blank] Scholars,” “[blank] School of [blank],” and so forth — for maximum comedic effect.

Players interested in playing this tournament should sign up on the free agents list on the spreadsheet linked below. All free agents will be added to teams from their grade level, if it is possible to do so.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Good morning. I’m pleased to announce that I will be directing the online high school open mirror of MRNA II on Saturday, July 1, 2023. There will be an opening meeting at 8:45 AM Central, and games will begin at 9 AM Central.

This tournament will take place online over Zoom and Buzzin.live. Depending on field size, all teams will be guaranteed somewhere between eight and ten games.

Eligibility
All players in the high school graduating class of 2023 or younger are eligible to play this tournament. This is an open tournament, meaning teams can (and should!) consist of players from different schools.

Registration
To register to play this tournament, teams should fill out this Google spreadsheet. Staff should type their name and contact email in the space provided at that same link. There is no field cap for this tournament—the field will expand with team interest.

Players who do not have a team may sign up as a free agent at the above link. Teams who do not yet have four players may sign up and list “TBD” under “Player 4” and so on. Due to the fee and the difficulty of the set, I highly recommend that teams consist of four players.

The deadline to register to play this tournament is Wednesday, June 28, 2023. Teams who drop from the field after 11 PM Central on that day will be required to pay the $40 late drop fee. Please drop before the registration deadline if you need to drop.

All staff will be paid $40, except those staffing for team discounts.

Fees
Base fee: $140/team ($35/player)
Team-provided staff discount (must be approved by me): -$40
Late fee: +$15
Late drop: $40

Cheating
To prevent cheating, all players will be required to have both of their hands and their screen in view of a camera. This may be easily accomplished with a second camera angle, or by buzzing on a phone. For this reason, unfortunately we will not be able to permit any camera exemptions.

Payment
I must receive payment within 7 days of the tournament (by July 8), or your team will be charged a $15 late fee. Alternate arrangements may be made to this policy if I am contacted before the registration deadline.

Recordings
The tournament’s finals will be recorded and uploaded at a later date, if possible. I currently do not plan to record any other games, but I am open to discussing alternatives if there is interest.

My email is oriley1201 AT icloud DOT com. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Enjoy the tournament!
Last edited by oriley on Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owen Riley
Inver Hills ’23
Northfield coach
oriley
Wakka

Re: 2023 MRNA HS Open (MRNA II, July 1, Online)

Post by oriley »

If you want to play but the fee is an issue, send me an email or a DM on Discord. We may be able to discuss a discount.
Owen Riley
Inver Hills ’23
Northfield coach
oriley
Wakka

Re: 2023 Tournament of the Orders (MRNA II, July 1, Online)

Post by oriley »

The registration deadline is tonight. After the deadline, I will create teams of all free agents who have not yet been added to teams. Free agent teams who drop from the field after that point will have a 24-hour extension to the drop policy before being charged the late fee.
Owen Riley
Inver Hills ’23
Northfield coach