MAURICE (open-level Ravel packet) - Poll

All announcements for open practices, online or in-person scrimmages, the playing of online packets, and online or in-person playtesting goes in this forum. (Official Skype/Discord tournaments should still be announced in the relevant tournament announcement forums.)

10 PM Eastern

Monday, August 14
33%
Tuesday, August 15
24%
Wednesday, August 16
10%
Thursday, August 17
29%
Friday, August 18
5%

Total votes: 21

forrestw
Lulu

MAURICE (open-level Ravel packet) - Poll

Post by forrestw »

I've written 20 superpowermarked tossups on Ravel to create the Musical Assemblage Utilizing Ravel's Illuminating Compositions Exclusively. There will be difficulty, and tossups will average around 8 lines in length.

I plan on reading this packet on the Discord sometime next week and have attached a date poll. All times are at 10 PM Eastern since that's most convenient for me, but I'm happy to change that if necessary.
Forrest Weintraub (she/her)
Columbia '24
Cheynem
Sin

Re: MAURICE (open-level Ravel packet) - Poll

Post by Cheynem »

Is it true that they named Ravel "Maurice" because he speaks of the pompatus of love?
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

"You killed HSAPQ"--Matt Bollinger
Serpentine284
Lulu

Post by Serpentine284 »

Cheynem wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:14 am Is it true that they named Ravel "Maurice" because he speaks of the pompatus of love?
They actually named him after the lemur from Madagascar.
Amogh Kulkarni
Wayzata 2018-2021
Chicago 2021-2023
GSU 2023-2025
forrestw
Lulu

Post by forrestw »

Based on the results of the poll, I'll be holding this on Monday, August 14 at 10 pm Eastern. If not everyone is able to make it, I am open to reading it again on Thursday, since it has the second most votes.
Forrest Weintraub (she/her)
Columbia '24