GAQBC Peach Classic I - ONLINE March 16th (CANCELLED)

Post high school tournament announcements and results here, along with logistical information. Interest checks, opinions, and other in-depth discussion of tournaments should go in the forum below.
Joshua Li
Lulu

GAQBC Peach Classic I - ONLINE March 16th (CANCELLED)

Post by Joshua Li »

The GAQBC Team is excited to announce the first iteration of the GAQBC Peach Classic, an online tournament held via discord on March 16th, 2024 accessible to all countries. We will be using the IQBT Regular Season Set #3, a set that is HS Regular difficulty. Info about the set can be found here: viewtopic.php?t=27186.

Registration: https://forms.gle/SaZBnwwmUQ2QYr2d7 Staffer registration: https://forms.gle/QRDX75PocJUpiG4E7
Staffers will be paid $25 for the tournament. If you cannot moderate the whole tournament, I will pay accordingly.

Base Fee: $70
Every team registered after the first: $55
Shorthanded (1-2 players): -$10
New to QB (hasn't participated in a tournament since March 16th 2021): -$10
Staffer: -$10
School located within Georgia or Alabama: -$5
Minimum fee: $50

All cancellations must be made before March 14th @ 11:59 PM. Cancellations made afterwards will pay full price. Deadline to sign up is also March 14th @ 11:59 PM. Payment is to be made 2 weeks after the tournament is over. There will be a $10 fee for every day afterwards, up to $150.

Rules
Up to 6 players on a team with 4 players at once. We will be using 15 point powers and -5 point negs. We will not have bouncebacks on bonuses. We will be playing 20 toss-up and bonus cycles. Both hands must be shown on camera at all times. We will abide by the PACE Code of Conduct http://www.pace-nsc.org/nsc-code-of-conduct/ and the PACE Integrity Policy https://www.pace-nsc.org/resources/pace ... urnaments/ and we reserve the right to disqualify players who do not adhere by those rules.

Format
We will have an initial field cap of 24 teams. We will expand the field as necessary. We will guarantee 10 games per team unless otherwise stated later. The tournament will start at 10:00 AM EST and run to around 5:00 PM EST, unless there are delays. The tournament will end at 6:30 PM EST at the latest. There will be no computational math. We will have individual statistics at the end of the tournament.

Contact
Please feel free to email me at [email protected] and we hope to see you on March 16th!
Last edited by Joshua Li on Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:34 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Joshua Li
GAQBC
Johns Creek High School
Email: [email protected]
Joshua Li
Lulu

Re: GAQBC Peach Classic I - ONLINE March 16th

Post by Joshua Li »

Field update:
[# of teams/staffers]

HSMSE [1/0]
Costa Rica International Academy [1/0]
Last edited by Joshua Li on Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Joshua Li
GAQBC
Johns Creek High School
Joshua Li
Lulu

Post by Joshua Li »

$5 discount for Georgia and Alabama teams, please sign up!
Joshua Li
GAQBC
Johns Creek High School
Joshua Li
Lulu

Post by Joshua Li »

Increasing staffer stipend to $20 for the day, no staffer requirements besides that you must be in high school, but I'll have exceptions for certain middle schoolers. Feel free to contact me at [email protected]
Joshua Li
GAQBC
Johns Creek High School
Joshua Li
Lulu

Post by Joshua Li »

We are 2 months away from the tournament, and we are in need of staffers and teams. I will increase stipend for staffers to $25. Please sign up!
Joshua Li
GAQBC
Johns Creek High School
Joshua Li
Lulu

Post by Joshua Li »

International teams are encouraged to sign up.
Joshua Li
GAQBC
Johns Creek High School
Joshua Li
Lulu

Post by Joshua Li »

Field cap increased to 24, guaranteed games increased to 10.
Joshua Li
GAQBC
Johns Creek High School
Joshua Li
Lulu

Post by Joshua Li »

Due to lack of signups, this tournament is cancelled. Thank you to everyone who signed up, I truly appreciate the support. Maybe next time people will signup.
Joshua Li
GAQBC
Johns Creek High School