Looking for East Tennessee Community College Tournaments

This forum is for anyone seeking advice on starting a collegiate team, branching out into new types of tournaments, or other "how-to" aspects of collegiate quizbowl.
Rory White
Lulu

Looking for East Tennessee Community College Tournaments

Post by Rory White »

I am looking to enter a team I am starting into a University tournament because it is the only upcoming college tournament nearby. Does anyone know of any community college level tournaments in east Tennessee or any community colleges that have teams that I can connect with? Are there any annual community college tournaments in this area? I do not have a team yet (I intend for it to start in January. The tournament is in February), but I am just looking ahead to make sure that I can help the team become well-established. Thank you.
Rory White
Pellissippi State Community College
The Favourite
Wakka

Re: Looking for East Tennessee Community College Tournaments

Post by The Favourite »

Rory--

The 4-year tournament will be a great learning experience for you. That being said, the Community College Sectional Championship Tournament is held about four hours from you at Wallace State in Alabama on January 19, and can qualify you for CCCT in February. This tournament is both a good learning experience whether you have teammates or not, and valuable for future growth of your team. Plus, you'll only play other CCs.

Info is here: https://www.naqt.com/registration/field ... t_id=15392
Tracey Hickman
Rock Creek 12
Redlands 14
Central Oklahoma 16
Coach, Murray State College (OK)
Former Coach, Coalgate Schools (OK)
Curriculum Director, Oklahoma Quizbowl Camps