FROSTBITE VI at Granite City High School - (Granite City, IL) - 1/27/24 - SHOW-ME

Post high school tournament announcements and results here, along with logistical information. Interest checks, opinions, and other in-depth discussion of tournaments should go in the forum below.
Marble
Lulu

FROSTBITE VI at Granite City High School - (Granite City, IL) - 1/27/24 - SHOW-ME

Post by Marble »

Granite City High School (Granite City, Illinois) will be hosting the FROSTBITE VI quizbowl event on January 27, 2024.

Each round will consist of 20 tossup questions with 20 3-part bonuses. The tournament will use 15-point "powers" (reward for an early enough buzz), and "negs", a 5-point penalty for preemptive, incorrect buzzes. Bonuses will not rebound.

We're hoping for a field of 18, but more is possible if there is interest and staff available.

Fees
Fees are $80 for each team, $75 for each subsequent team.
Checks must be made out to "Granite City High School" Memo-Frostbite Scholar Bowl Tournament
Make checks payable to Granite City High School, and you may pay through mail (Granite City Senior High School, Attn: Jaime Pamatot, 3148 Fehling Road, Granite City, IL 62040) or on-site when you check-in at the tournament.

Question Set
We will be mirroring the SHOW-ME question set, and registration is here: https://forms.gle/xesBeBVpY4nYoh8y9

Rules:
Rounds are 20/20 with one tiebreaker tossup if needed.
We will use powers (15) and negs (-5). This is a 5v5 tournament with a cap of 7 players per team.
We will not use bounce backs, and substitutes are allowed after each game only (rules are subject to change based on future field size).
Timing will be 5 seconds after the question to buzz, 5 seconds to give your answer once you buzz, and 5 seconds to confer and answer on bonuses.

If you have questions, please email Marshall Mullins at [email protected]
Marshall Mullins
High School Director of US Operations, International Academic Competitions
Moderator/Tournament Director for Hire