2024 NAQT SCT at Minnesota

This forum is for tournament announcements, updates, and results (official or otherwise).
BenWeiner27
Wakka

2024 NAQT SCT at Minnesota

Post by BenWeiner27 »

I am pleased to announce the North Site of the 2024 NAQT SCT which will be held on February 3rd, 2024 at the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities. I, Ben Weiner, will be the logistics coordinator for this tournament while Rob Carson and Bernadette Spencer will be the day of tournament directors.

The tournament will be held in Nicholson Hall on UMN’s East Bank campus. The opening meeting will take place at 8:45 CT with gameplay beginning at 9:00 CT.

Eligibility
Eligibility for this tournament can be found on NAQT’s site here.

Fees
$160 first team base fee
$135 subsequent team base fee
-$10 discount per functional buzzer set
-$20 per program that is new to SCT
-$40 per team provided staffer with functioning laptop

Payment
Teams will be invoiced by the University’s finance department following the tournament which can be paid via credit card. Teams that are unable to pay via credit card can pay cash on the day of the tournament.

Registration
This tournament will use NAQT's online registration system. Please register here.

The current field cap for Division I is currently set to 8 teams while the field cap for Division II is tentatively set to 16 teams. The field can likely be expanded if there is sufficient demand.

If you have any questions, please reach out to [email protected].
Ben Weiner
Wayzata '20
Minnesota '24 '28
VP of Tournament Direction, PACE
Auks Ran Ova
Forums Staff: Chief Administrator

Re: 2024 NAQT SCT at Minnesota

Post by Auks Ran Ova »

We've got results!

In DI, Minnesota A went 10-2 in a quadruple round-robin to clear the field. Full stats are available here: https://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/8 ... all_games/

In DII, after 2x8 prelims into 2x8 crossover playoffs, Minnesota C, Michigan Tech, and Macalester A were tied atop the standings. In the first game of the finals, Michigan Tech knocked off Minnesota C, only to then fall in the second game to the top-seeded Macalester team. Full, though not ideally sorted, stats are available here: https://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/8 ... all_games/

Thanks to everyone who came out to play and to staff! Let no one say I'm completely incapable of posting stats in a timely manner.
Rob Carson
University of Minnesota '11, MCTC '??, BHSU forever
Member, ACF
Member emeritus, PACE
Writer and Editor, NAQT